New Graduate, Finance & Ops - Business Transformation & Automation
- Alajuela, Costa Rica
VMware recognizes that today's students are tomorrow's trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers' digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
VMWare's Business Transformation and Automation (BTA) PMO works with key business functions and IT teams to enable new business models, deliver innovative capabilities and process improvement to support VMware's rapid growth. Initiatives span virtually every VMware business domain including Sales, Marketing, Channel Partners, Renewals, Operations, Support, and Finance. BTA is seeking versatile business Project Manager to support a variety of initiatives in support of one or more of these business domains.
Overall: Independently manage one or more projects or a workstream that's part of larger program
- Understand the project & its alignment to the business org/process
- Oversee business aspects of program by constructing project plans and timelines
- Establish clear project or workstream governance structure and define project team member roles & responsibilities
- Determine post-implementations success measure tracking
- Manage all phases of program to success, including initiation, planning, definition, design, development, testing and deployment cycles
- Partner with IT on project technology delivery
- Drive implementation of project business process and policy changes
- Proactively assess, manage and communicate project risks and issues
- Drive resolution of any conflicts and escalate as needed to avoid roadblocks
Stakeholder and Team Management
- Establish and strong stakeholder relationships
- Manage cross-functional global teams in a matrix framework, and ensure successful working relationships among project team members
Change Management & Communications
- Work with project Change Readiness lead to facilitate change management and communication through project lifecycle
- Drive regular forums to update business communities and steering committee
- BS/BA degree in Business or Technology-related field
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Aptitude for multi-tasking, prioritization and coordination
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Ability to drive collaboration across business stakeholders and project teams
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Flexible and resilient, comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to a high-change environment and open to new concepts and/or processes
- Project Management training & certification
- Project Management experience
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top