New Grad - Solution Marketing Specialist
Start Date:July 2020
Language Required :English
Note: This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Work Here. Transform Everywhere.
VMware software powers the world's complex digital infrastructure. You may be thinking that VMware is a company that is all about virtualization; while we are still the market leaders in this platform with over 90% of corporate workload, VMware provides software that build, run, manage, connect and protect any app on any cloud and any device.
We have the journey for you!
As well as working for one of the best technology companies in the world, under the leadership of the best CEO (voted by Glassdoor), the Academy Training program is designed to fast track our new graduate hires from training into successful careers in the Worldwide Sales and Services organization. We offer you in-depth training focused on our most exciting technologies, while growing your skills throughout the progression.
The Solution Marketing Specialist is responsible for taking a solution to market and overseeing its overall success. Its focus is on understanding and marketing to customers - driving demand and usage of the solution. The role sits at the intersection of product, sales and marketing - which means that the role can have a big impact. At its core, the candidate needs a deep understanding of the customer and the market, to ensure that:
- The solution and its offerings are appropriately positioned in the market.
- Sales & Marketing Teams have all the necessary knowledge and materials enabling them to attract new customers.
- The solution is positioned to solve the target audience's needs and overcome their pain points.
- Solution demand and adoption should be on continuous rise.
- The solution remains relevant as markets evolve.
The Solution Marketing deliverables & tangible results includes:
- Buyer personas that provide structure and insight for a company.
- Positioning and messaging that that attracts and converts prospects and leads.
- Sales materials that help to close more deals.
- Competitive intelligence that gives the broader sales & marketing teams a deep understanding of the market.
- Go-to-market strategy and launch plans that outline in detail how the solution will be promoted and sold.
- Before a Solution Launch
- Define the target market.
- Establish the positioning & messaging and turn them into something actionable.
- Owns the launch plan.
- Ensure enablement is planned and executed across the organization.
- Drive solution launch content for sales & marketing engagement & enablement.
- Ensure Internal & external communication are ready for the solution launch.
- After a Solution Launch
- Work with sales to understand the sales cycle.
- Create sales materials to help sales and partners to position and sell the solution.
- Support the broader Marketing Teams to drive solution through marketing campaigns
- Ensure messaging and content adoption across sales & marketing
- Bachelor's degree
- A self-starter and have the ability to work effectively in a high-energy and fast-paced environment
- Able to confidently communicate and work collaboratively with peers and senior executives
- Have a project management mindset to drive pre-launch and post-launch plans & execution.
- Keen in technology solutions relating on how they work or tick.
- Creative and gritty mindset to solve or overcome road blocks and challenges.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding academic achievement in marketing & communications.
- Previous experience in any of the solutions is an added advantage.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top