New Grad - Product Manager - VMware SD-WAN
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers' digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
VeloCloud is the only complete solution with all the key elements of a Cloud-Delivered WAN. VeloCloud dramatically simplifies the WAN by delivering virtualized services from the cloud to branch offices and mobile users everywhere. VeloCloud services deliver enterprise grade performance, visibility and control over both Internet and private networks, combining the economy of the Internet with the flexibility of the cloud. By VMware acquiring VeloCloud, the market leader in cloud-delivered SD-WAN, we will build on the success of the industry's leading network virtualization platform - VMware NSX - and expand the company's networking portfolio to address end-to-end automation, application continuity, branch transformation and security from the data center to cloud edge. More information is available at http://www.velocloud.com
Learn Fast, Trust each other, Have Fun. That embodies the culture of VeloCloud. Do you love to make new things, design and develop cool stuff that will be used by legions of people? Do you want to learn about new groundbreaking networking and cloud technologies in a hands-on, fun and exhilarating environment? If you want the thrill of your life, want to change the world and work with and learn from a team of rock star engineers, then come join us. We pay as much attention to building a culture of fast learning in a fun and trustworthy environment as we do to building our products.
Our products and teams are growing fast, and most of your work will be driving new features using some of the most current frameworks and libraries, working with Network protocols, Linux C/C++, RESTful APIs, and web-based frontends. The exact area of the product that you work on will depend on your skills and interests.
Specific responsibilities of a Product Manager will include:
- Drive product requirements based on detailed understanding of customer requirements as well as competitive alternatives.
- Document detailed descriptions of use cases, IT administrator workflows and deployment scenarios.
- Delivering detailed mockups of GUIs as input for development
- Also provide product marketing deliverables for go-to-market such as data sheets and whitepapers.
- Participate in defining and executing strategic technology partnerships, anticipating to be primarily with other cloud services and applications vendors.
- Work with product management, engineering peers to deliver solutions and identifying new opportunities to improve VeloCloud products and culture.
- Currently pursuing a full-time MBA degree with a BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical knowledge
- 3-5 years of work experience prior to business school, including experience in Software Engineering or Networking infrastructure/IT
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to translate technology features into business benefits.
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to develop creative/non-traditional solutions
- Previous experience in technology product marketing or product management, strategic management consulting, investments banking or management in entrepreneurial projects
- Experience with enterprise software preferred
- Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on new technology concepts. Passion to evangelize a disruptive new technology
- A go-getter who enjoys working in a dynamic, creative, collaborative environment
- Focus on ease of use especially in enterprise systems or workflows
- Experience with Virtualization and Networking (Routers, Firewall, WAN)
- Experience with third party Cloud Services (AWS, Rackspace, etc)
- Ability to drive external partners and deliver valued solutions to market
- Networking certifications (CCNP, CCIE etc) are a plus
- Ability to also perform market development with early adopters, evangelizing the product to potential customers.
- Experience with Agile development process a plus.
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top