New Grad, CPBU
- Beijing, China
VMware Product Intern and New Graduate Opportunities:
VMware recognizes that today's students are tomorrow's trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers' digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything, responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Are you interested in working on one of the below teams?
Storage Applications, Networking Security, Cloud Platform, Cloud Native, Cloud Management Business Unit, Cloud Foundation, Office of the CTO
Job Role and Responsibilities:
As an Intern or New Graduate at VMware, you'll create innovative solutions and solve complex problems. You'll take ownership of meaningful, big-picture projects and springboard into an impactful career. At VMware, you will become immersed in all aspects of our innovative and collaborative culture, and ensure you get the full VMware experience. You'll interact with industry thought leaders at one of our world class campuses and enjoy networking, community service, and career development events.
• Pursuing Bachelor's, Master's or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
• Coursework (in some) of the following: Algorithms, Data Structures, Storage and\or Operating Systems, Computer Architecture, Machine Learning, Compilers, Networking, Distributed Systems, Analytics, Web Development
• Knowledge in one or more of the programming languages: C, C++, Java, or Go programming
• Knowledge in Python, Perl, shell, or other scripting languages
• Knowledge in Flex, HCI, wireframes, mockups
• School and/or industry projects involving significant design and development
• Experience developing client-server or distributed, multithreaded applications
• Experience developing user space and kernel modules
• Exposure to SaaS or FaaS, modeling/optimization techniques
• Previous internship experience is a plus
• Ability to work independently
• Strong teamwork and communication skills
• Knowledge of availability/fault domains
• Knowledge of ML/heuristics analysis
• Exposure to container technologies - container orchestrators (Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm Mode) is a plus
• Experience with Cloud based services, Microservices a Cloud Computing class or similar experience
• Knowledge of NoSQL technologies (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, etc.) and/or search-based datastores and libraries (Lucene, Solr, etc.
• Willingness to contribute to open source projects is a plus
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top