New Grad - Academy Program - Associate Technical Account Manager
- Ponca City, OK
Start Date: July 2021Location: SingaporeRole Nature: Technical (Software)
Note: This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Business Summary Work Here. Transform Everywhere.
VMware software powers the world's complex digital infrastructure. You may be thinking that VMware is a company that is all about virtualization; while we are still the market leaders in this platform with over 90% of corporate workload, VMware provides software that build, run, manage, connect and protect any app on any cloud and any device. We have the journey for you!
As well as working for one of the best technology companies in the world, under the leadership of the best CEO (voted by Glassdoor), the Academy Training program is designed to fast track our new graduate hires from training into successful careers in the Worldwide Sales and Services organization. We offer you in-depth training focused on our most exciting technologies, while growing your skills throughout the progression.
Insights to your role VMware Technical Account Managers (TAMs) are different from TAMs supplied by other industry vendors. A VMware TAM is a highly skilled technical advisor to our customers.TAMs work with cross-functional teams, and are uniquely qualified to support the customer's digital transformation journey and provide unrivalled VMware product knowledge and proven skills to help customers streamline deployment and improve operations of their VMware platform.Backed by the resources of the entire VMware organization and armed with best practices, TAMs work with customers to minimize operational risks, maximize operational efficiency, and ensure value realization for their IT investment.
You would get involved in (not limited to) -
- Provide project requirements for the customer's initiatives
- Manage cross-functional VMware project teams, which could consist of VMware consultants, solution engineers, marketing, and support staff.
- Design and develop innovative solutions to customer requirements using our Enterprise to desktop products, with assistance from our internal engineering group and consulting architects as required
- Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the entire VMware product line
- Manage and drive requests across simultaneous client engagements
- Provide clear and constructive product feedback to VMware Product Management teams based on customer requirements
- Help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions
- Function as a front-line technical resource for "best practice" and informal customer questions
- B.S., B.A., or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related.
- Experience with modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage client requests
- Strong thought process regarding technical and project management issues
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Strong technical background, with previous experience in Linux system administration and/or software development and technical architecture
- Good analyzing skills regarding technical and project management issues
- Understanding of strategic sales process
Find out moreClick to view: VMware Graduate Program
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top