Network Security Testing - SMTS - QE - NSX
- Bangalore, India
Sr. Member of Technical Staff - System Scale Quality Engineering, Networking and Security
VMware is looking for experienced Senior Software System and Scale Quality Engineers who are passionate about changing the future of Networking and Security with the next-generation NSX Network Virtualization Platform. The ideal candidate has a wide variety of experience in the areas of Software Defined Networking, Security, SD-WAN, System and Scale Testing, building/automating Test Environments, distributed systems validations, networking, object oriented programming, and virtualization software.
You will be expected to become an expert on the next-generation NSX Networking Virtualization, Security, and SD-WAN Platform and will have the opportunity to work on latest Software Defined Initiatives from VMware.
As a Senior Networking and Security System and Scale Quality Engineer you'll be responsible for developing Test-Strategies, Test-Plans, deployment environments, validations methodologies, troubleshooting and automation of customer use-cases. You'll be expected to coordinate across the development organization to ensure a feature is tested from the functional, scale, system, and performance perspectives to maintain a high Quality standard. You will be given broad problem sets, and trusted to implement well-engineered solutions. In System and Scale Quality Engineering, we consider ourselves to be the first customer. This means that we anticipate problems customers will experience before they experience them, and we do this through writing comprehensive end to end test cases. We utilize automation to build the test environments and execute the test cases. In addition to testing end to end functionality we also have the opportunity to think creatively, and shape the product features and behavior to create a better user experience for the customer.
You must understand Enterprise Software and Operating systems broadly. Anything from understanding linux internals, windows internals, complex routing technologies, storage configuration, common network protocols, to cloud systems, backup methodologies, and virtualization. A strong understanding of software quality engineering methodologies, and enterprise software is a must. This is a rewarding position for people who love to problem solve, revel in figuring out complex problems, love debugging, and have a thirst for learning.
- Be a technical expert in Software Defined Networking, Security and SD-WAN
- Create Test Plans for System and Scale Environments
- Write high quality test code to execute complex tests on a distributed system
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
- Be a strong advocate of Software Quality
- Visit customer sites to understand Production deployments
- Work across teams with System Engineers, Support Engineers, and across the Development and QE Organizations
- Implement code to streamline automation, and reduce cycle times
- Track test deliverables to product release schedules.
- Overall 7+ years of experience in Software Development and Quality Engineering preferably with Distributed System and Scale exposure.
- Hands on Experience in System level testing and performance testing of TCP/IP stack, QoS, L4-L7 proxy devices or applications like WAN optimization devices, Server Load Balancers and/or Caching devices preferred.
- Excellent knowledge and Hands-on experience of Firewall and Security Services (IDS/IPS, TLS/SSL encryption, Website filtering, anti-malware, sandboxing, ID Management, Web scraping et.al.).
- Good knowledge/testing of routing protocols like BGP, OSPF, IPV4/IPV6, Multicast, etc.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in automating test suites (Python/TCL/Perl)
- Virtualization experience - Installation/Configuration/Administration (ESX and KVM a plus)
- Experience with network testing equipment such as IXIA and Spirent.
- Experienced in various aspects of Systems and Scale Quality Engineering processes.
- Self-sufficient, but knows when to ask for help
- Operating Systems: Deep Linux knowledge - Installation/Configuration/Administration (RHEL and Ubuntu a plus), Windows Server, Windows 7
- Strong understanding of L2 and L3 networks, VLANs. In-depth understanding of Networking fundamentals and protocols.
- Network protocols: TCP, UDP, ARP, DHCP, ICMP, IPv4/IPv6, BGP, OSPF
- Networking troubleshooting / debugging - e.g. tcpdump, wireshark, traceroute, route, netstat
- SCM: git, gerrit, Perforce, SVN
- Bug tracking: bugzilla, redmine
Working Experience with Firewall and "Security Services (IDS/IPS, TLS/SSL encryption, Website filtering, anti-malware, sandboxing, ID Management, Web scraping et.al.)"
- is a big plus
- Familiarity with SDN, SD-WAN and NFV is a plus.
- CCNP or Equivalent certification in Routing and Security is a big plus
Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or higher) and equivalent work experience
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top