MTS/SMTS - VMware Tanzu Engineering (GoLang, Kubernetes Development)
- Bengaluru, India
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
You will be part of the product which plays pivotal role in direction VMWare is taking with the cloud technologies. Tanzu Mission Control is a centralized management platform for consistently operating and securing your Kubernetes infrastructure and modern applications across multiple teams and clouds. You will be utilizing your experience designing and developing software to impact success of the Tanzu Mission Control and VMWare. You will be working as a collaborative partner in a diverse environment whose teams care about the products they are creating, how they create them, and the quality of the result. You will be learning and growing your career at the company that values and invests in its employees.
What is primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
We are looking for senior engineer with 8+ years of experience in software development projects who has experience in Distributed systems, SaaS and Kubernetes. Someone who will be able to design and implement high quality, testable, maintainable, optimal and production grade software, preferably in Golang. Strong foundation in CS fundamentals (Algorithm, Data Structures, OS) and Knowledge in Linux/Unix is desired. Knowledge and work experience in Golang is a plus. You are expected to make significant, direct and high quality contributions to the product that lead to increased market share and customer happiness. You will be working in agile teams and is expected to understand the business requirements from product managers, design the new feature, plan and estimate various development tasks interfacing with required stakeholders, perform code reviews and own the quality of the software developed in the process. We would like you to promote code to production environment hosted in cloud more often by applying knowledge and experience around cloud infrastructure, deployments and continuous integration. We work in small empowered teams and rotate between them frequently to gain ownership and understanding of the product and the team. This role will provide opportunities to work across the organization and will be a catalyst for technical and professional growth.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- Good understanding of Product & Development processes: You should be able to acquaint yourself comfortably with existing product code and development process involved and is passionate about sharing your knowledge and experiences with a collaborative, balanced team
- Ability to design, develop new features & perform incremental changes: When given a challenge, you research on the same, break them into deliverable parts and further you leverage on available resources to come up with a quality solution
- Enable continuous integration / continuous delivery: Code developed on an incremental basis should be promoted to production environment hosted in cloud on a regular basis
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
As part of the VMware Tanzu Engineering Development Team, you will:
- Design and develop VMware strategic SaaS offering for managing Kubernetes clusters
- Implement solutions using Golang which will be delivered at a high cadence to our SaaS offering following agile methodologies
- Write automated feature and regression tests as part of daily development
- Play an active hands-on role across the entire software development life cycle, including helping to deliver your software into production and ensuring that it continues to operate as designed. This includes participation in periodic on-call duty
- Interact with globally distributed teams and technical leaders driving architecture and technical roadmap planning
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The hiring manager for this role is Ashok Venkiteswaran, Director, Tanzu Mission Control. His expertise was built through involvement in leading software development & test projects across various technology organizations for past 24 years out of which the last 8 years is that of working with VMware. His management philosophy is to create flexible, inclusive and a learning work environment where people can achieve their best results and career goals. He does this by hiring a right skilled team, creating a learning work environment promoting good teamwork and a rewarding culture. He provides the best of opportunities for engineers and provide required guidance and mentoring for engineers in his team to grow further in their career. Ashok's team is made up of self-starters, who have a passion for technology and getting things done.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top