- Bangalore, India
VMware Cloud (VMC) on AWS enables customers to consume the full range of vSphere-based infrastructure products and a broad portfolio of tightly integrated VMware SaaS services, managed through a unified control plane and common infrastructure. We are on a journey to create a common infrastructure to manage VMware's core Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) products for VMC on AWS, and to extend the same to VMC on Dell EMC, VMware Partner cloud, and other SDDC solutions.
We are looking for creative and experienced engineers to build our cloud platform. Our vision is to expand our well-established data center management capabilities in the cloud. If you have a real passion for architecting, designing and building cloud-aware systems that are highly instrumented, scalable, manageable, and fault tolerant, then you will fit right in. We are looking for engineers with high levels of ownership. If you aspire to work on industry-changing technologies and deliver high quality product that delights customers, if you are a dynamic, highly motivated person, who is looking for professional growth and is up for the challenge, this is the place for you.
- You would join our team in delivering enterprise-class SaaS offering on top of VMware core virtualization products.
- You would be involved in all phases of the service development lifecycle including DevOps, based on an agile development methodology.
- You will collaborate with stakeholders in engineering, product management, quality and SRE teams.
- You would work on broad aspect of architecture, design, test, deployment of features and services in a DevOps model.
- You would work in an environment where innovation is fostered and encouraged.
- 5+ years of overall software development experience, with an emphasis on backend engineering.
- Must be motivated, detail-oriented, could thrive in a team environment and work independently.
- Hands-on experience building, debugging and working with large scale enterprise web applications.
- Excellent design and programming skills, primarily in Java.
- Experience in building RESTful services and APIs, Spring Boot.
- Deep understanding of Cloud-native technologies, including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Expert problem-solver with good understanding of the best practices for building, testing, deploying and monitoring software.
- Practical understanding of OOP/OOAD & design patterns.
- Strong CS fundamentals with deep understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Demonstrate creativity and analytical thinking.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Hard-working with a "whatever it takes" attitude.
Nice to have experience
- Passion for automation and not repeating manual procedures.
- Proficiency in modern software architecture using CI/CD, Micro Services, Infrastructure-as-Code and other DevOps techniques.
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and pushing back on requirements vs. understanding executing within a "larger picture".
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top