- Bangalore, India
MTS3 - Solutions Engineer
The VMware Cloud Automation team is looking for an exceptional and highly motivated Software Engineer to help drive the evolution of our next-generation Cloud Management Platform.
We are a pivotal part of the Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC), and our software manages machines and applications in hybrid cloud environments. Our product, vRealize Automation, is used by Fortune 500 companies to manage thousands of virtual machines in public and private clouds.
We are forming a new Solutions team to develop custom integrations and solutions for thousands of customers who use our vRealize products in the Cloud Management domain. Such integrations will require core technical/programming skills, a solutions mindset, an aptitude to learn new technologies and systems, and high-quality execution - both independently and in a team setting.
Are you passionate about developing end to end solutions extending our product via integrations? Do you enjoy working with world-class engineers, who push themselves and their peers to the limits? Can you meet bold delivery dates and work with tight schedules?
In that case, you would be an ideal addition to our team. You will get to work on important problems, develop performant and high-quality solutions spanning systems, enhancing the time to value for our customers. Our products are undergoing rapid change, and most of your work will be a new code using some of the most current frameworks and libraries.
This position requires current hands-on experience in the design and development of enterprise-grade products/services/features, of moderate to high complexity, with full responsibility for delivering high-quality software.
- BTech/MTech Degree or equivalent in Computer Science.
- 5+ years of experience as feature/solutions lead designing and delivering complex features.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, end-to-end solutioning skills involving integrations with other systems across multiple domains.
- Participate in design, requirement analysis, and customer engagements
- Excellent troubleshooting, critical thinking, and data analysis skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to balance multiple tasks effectively and learn new technologies.
- Strong sense of ownership, engages proactively and has the discipline to work in a distributed team.
- Experience in Spring Framework
- Experience with algorithms and data structures.
- Expertise in developing RESTful APIs,
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Experience in Linux based operating system.
- Experience in working with build tools - Maven, ANT or similar; CI tools - Jenkins or similar; SCM tools - Git or similar
- Good understanding of enterprise Orchestration products. VMware products such as vRA, vRO, and LogInsight a definite plus.
- Should understand virtualization, knowledge of VMWare products is a plus.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top