MTS - vSAN Performance Engineering
- Bengaluru, India
Title: MTS - vSAN I/O Performance Engineering
Job Role & Responsibility
You'll join a diverse organization of creative thinkers, solving cross product performance problems from platform, storage, networking, management products to SaaS and hybrid cloud. We drive efficiency, improve the bottom line and have fun while doing it. Our products and services drive a measurable impact on the business, we do the things that matter.
Our team defines performance standards and is closely involved in products design and architecture to ensure they are fundamentally built for high performance and scalability. The team plays a critical role in taking products to market by generating performance highlights and educate customers on sizing and performance best practices. Research is ingrained in our DNA. We invent new technologies that enable our products to scale to next generation hardware and applications. We advance through research, development and domain expertise the future of AI within the company. Make a difference in your career - be part of something bigger than all of us - join the VMware performance family.
As a member of VMware's Storage I/O Performance Engineering team, you will work on driving scale and performance of I/O performance of VMware's storage virtualization software products, primarily focused on Virtual SAN (vSAN). The team is, also, engaged in I/O performance of vSphere core storage stack and storage availability solutions and building performance analytics solutions for VMware products.
You'll analyze storage stack performance across a variety of hardware and software configurations, develop performance diagnostics tools, build and automate performance measurement and analysis tools. As a Member of Technical Staff you'll be responsible for developing and executing performance test plans, root causing and resolving performance issues, and working with other performance engineers as well as developers to improve VMWare's storage offerings. You'll be part of a bright engineering team that has an open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success culture.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Good programming skills with Python, C/C++
- Capable ofunderstandingdistributed systems software and complex software solutions
- Good aptitude for performance engineering and analysis
- Familiarity with CPU, memory, network, and storage hardware and software subsystems as they relate to performance
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in storage or network domain
- Experience with Linux performance tools and developing performance automation tools
- Experience with end-to-end system performance analysis
- Familiarity with designing regression tests and analysis
- Strong background in operating system internals and computer architecture
- Experience working on large distributed systems
- Masters in Computer Science or related field preferred
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top