MTS - Java, Microservices, Kubernetes - 2 to 5 years
- Bengaluru, India
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers' digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything, responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
The Skyline Applications Engineering, part of Cloud Management Business Unit, is looking for talented Backend software engineers to grow our Bangalore Development team. This work will play a key part in transforming our customers' user experience by using data to build a more personalized approach to providing prescriptive best practices, resolving technical issues and predicting imminent issues before they occur. If you like building powerful, responsive applications, optimize data queries and APIs using a combination of technology and design expertise, this role might be the one for you!
Our software platform is focused around consuming large data sets, applying specific business analytics and then getting the right information back to the user specific to their issue, role and consumption channel. Our front-end software is built using the Clarity Design system, a combination of UX guidelines, HTML/CSS and Angular components. This application software will connect to a backend platform written primarily in Java and designed to be highly modular with non-disruptive updates. Members of the application development team should have a strong background in Java programming and Microservices based RESTful APIs and be willing to intimately learn our proactive support and services business in order to build great applications for our customers and our internal technical experts. Well-qualified candidates should also understand the concepts of continuous deployment pipelines built with robust, automated testing and orchestration. We deploy our software on Cloud (Paas/IaaS) like Pivotal Cloud Foundry and AWS. Candidates should be adaptive and passionate to work on wider technology stack, such as Bigdata, Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence etc. and when needed as per business goals
- Create the next generation of business applications and services in Microservices architecture
- Passionate, Geeky developer who enjoys writing code to solve complex business problems
- Creation of software within a transparent, agile model, with a strong understanding of the levels of communication and rigour required to build software iteratively
- Develop flexible software that can be shared across multiple components, both through contribution to common libraries and in building and consuming RESTful services
- Interests in Big-Data, Machine Learning - NLP/Deep learning etc. and willing to learn
- Build highly responsive and scalable code, capable of supporting tens of thousands of simultaneous users
- Build a depth of knowledge around our customers and internal users work in order to create meaningful software tailored to solving the kinds of problems they deal with every day
- Ownership of quality, scalability and stability of created code
- Perform and receive code reviews within the team to consistently increase our collective skills and codebase
- Consistently think about new ways to make better software, bringing in new ideas from outside and applying them to the problems we are solving
- Engineering pager duty rotation as development contact for our internal support teams (not direct customer support)
- 2 to 5 years of experience and proficiency writing software in Java or similar Object Oriented programming languages
- Experience or willingness to learn/work on RESTful APIs, Spring and MongoDB, Solr (Lucene) search engine
- Strong understanding and experience building scalable and high-performance applications and services
- Strong understanding of engineering concepts relevant to SaaS development, specifically scalability and algorithm choices
- Strong in Data structures and Algorithms to visualize real world problems and applying computer science concepts to design and build optimize solutions
- Experience developing in a SaaS model, in particular deployment and consumption of services on platforms like Cloud Foundry, AWS
- Solid grasp of software development lifecycle best-practices, methods, and conventions, including but not limited to Unit and Integration Testing, Source Code Management, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, Domain Driven Design, and Dependency Management
- Experience creating software with robust unit test coverage and test automation like Jasmine, Karma
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, good judgment, and passion for your work
- Good teamwork and communication skills, willingness to jump in and create value
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English (speaking/reading/writing)
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top