MTS III Engineer, VMC - Autoscaler
- Palo Alto, CA
We have the ultimate journey for you!
As well as working for one of the best technology companies in the world, under the leadership of the best CEO (voted by Glassdoor), working on the VMC on AWS team will help build out the next stage career journey.
Insights into your Role:
VMC - Autoscaler team delivers some of the fundamental components of VMware SDDCaaS offering on AWS public and hybrid cloud. We are a growing team and are seeking engineers to build and extend the VMC technology to AWS Outposts!
As a member of our team, you will architect, design and build software to provide Availability and Autoscaling cluster features for virtual machines and containers running on VMC. You will develop highly distributed and available SaaS layer that is highly scalable, manageable, and fault tolerant as well. You would work in an environment where innovation is fostered and encouraged. Come join the VMware Cloud on AWS Autoscaler team and be a part of a team that will help build out the next stage career journey.
As a member of the VMC Autoscaler team you'll be part of a bright engineering team that is working on some of cutting-edge Cloud features like AutoRemediation, Elastic-DRS /Elastic Cluster and Multi-AZ. If you have a real passion for building cloud systems that are highly scalable, manageable, and fault tolerant, then you will fit right in.
You'll create innovative solutions and solve complex problems and take ownership of meaningful, big-picture projects to springboard an impactful career. Become immersed in all aspects of our innovative and collaborative culture, and ensure you get the full VMware experience. You'll interact with industry thought leaders at one of our world-class campuses and enjoy networking, community service, and career development events.
- Define, implement, and support complex software modules in VMC micro-service architecture
- Design, implement, test & debug Autoscaler functionality.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Responsible for delivering design & functional specifications.
- Provide detailed scheduled estimates for development efforts.
- Help maintain technical acumen in key technology areas to help guide the evolution of our platform
- Masters degree or PhD in computer science with 8+ years of experience developing software.
- Strong fundamentals in Distributed Systems, Concurrency, Clustering, and Multi-threaded systems.
- Significant Java/C++ coding experience.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Exposure to building cloud based services.
- Experience participating in agile development is a plus.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented and demonstrated ability to add value and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
This position is eligible for the JoinVMC Enhanced ERP Campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top