- Bangalore, India
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 30,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
In Cloud Management Business Unit (CMBU) at VMware, we are in the business of helping customers manage, operate and optimize their investment in multi cloud authoritatively through our SaaS and On-Premise solutions. The cross cloud architecture of our micro services provides the ability to lead, govern, and secure their applications running in private cloud as well as public clouds, such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure (as seen here: https://cloud.vmware.com/)
Job Role & Responsibility:
vRealize Operations product team is building a large scale distributed real time operations and analytics observability platform for next generation datacenters with enterprise grade reliability. You will be a part of very talented team of peers on Virtual Infrastructure, networking and security domain, distributed systems, rest API and enterprise workflow/security integrations that will demonstrate open source innovations and best observability platform. You will contribute in every aspect of the product development process, from early feature concept design, product development to testing and validation at customer sites. You will partner with other performance engineers and developers to develop best practices, author blogs and white papers, and present internally, at conferences, and directly to partners and customers.
• Conducting API, black-box, functional, system, and stress testing activities.
• Test automation and code coverage analysis
• Identify testability requirements
• Participate in regular scrum meetings, planning and story pointing sessions, and design and code reviews
• Train and mentor junior engineers by providing technical guidance and direction
• Communicate technical dependencies and concerns/issues effectively
• Run code coverage and provide coverage inputs to the development team
• Create and review test strategy/plans, test cases, and test specifications
• Design, develop and execute manual and automated tests
• Work with PM organization in associating requirements with customer use cases
• Work closely with VMware R&D and other Quality Engineering teams, to leverage existing test cases and test suites currently available for internal use
• Develop techniques for effective communication and collaboration with onsite and remote members of development, QE, and PM teams
• Take initiative to improve products, tools, and process
• Work closely with developers to resolve issues and reproduce bugs
• Manage activities to meet delivery dates and milestones, and communicate status and risks to QE leads and project team
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
• 5+ years of total Quality Assurance experience
• 3+ years experience with test automation tools and techniques
• Basic systems administration skills (installing and configuring operating systems (Linux, Windows), Domain and hardware)
• Good Understanding of OOPS concepts
• Experience developing UI and functional Automation using one or more of the following tools : Selenium, Silk, Python, or equivalent
• Good understanding of the internals of Linux operating system
• Experience in developing test frameworks and tools
• Experience in Web Services testing (REST /SOAP), Web Application testing, and API test development using Java is a plus
• Exposure to Bug Tracking Tools (viz. Jira, Bugzilla) and Test management Tools (viz. HPQC)
• Experience in using VMware products (viz., vSphere, vRealize Suite etc.) is a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
• Experience working with global teams highly desirable
• Experience working in an agile development environment highly desirable.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top