Member Technical Staff
- Bangalore, India
- Job Description
The world is in the midst of a transformation. Enterprises across the globe are turning to software to change the way business is done. Today, in this device and application driven world, companies are laser-focused on empowering teams by tailoring their businesses to their employees' digital behaviors. This is where we lead the way.
In VMware End User Computing (EUC), we run the world's largest Digital Workspace Platform - Workspace ONE. We build solutions that customize, simplify, and automate the employees' digital experience at work to help them achieve more. Workspace ONE provides every employee with the agility of being connected to the business from any device, on any Cloud, at any time. At the core of our business is our end-users; and everything we do is motivated around them and their experience.
Job Role and Responsibility
Our team is seeking a senior team member with proven technical leadership and demonstrated sustained growth in his or her career. You are someone who comes up with rock solid designs and never compromises on code quality. If you thrive on challenges and if you have a strong sense of ownership, this is the right team for you. You will be interfacing with product management, our UX team, and other groups within engineering to define and deliver the required solutions. You will participate in all phases of software development including requirements, design, coding, unit testing, debugging and performance tuning.
Day-to-day activities include:
- Delivering responsive, high performance and scalable user interfaces using the most cutting-edge frameworks
- Learning and applying new technologies, best design practices and usability patterns
- Contributing to end-to-end system architecture, working with back-end engineers
- Collaborating with UX team, product managers and other technical teams to create delightful user experience.
- Automation testing. For features that you build, design and implement effective automation tests for our CI/CD pipeline.
- Instrumenting your code to collect metrics for monitoring and supportability
- Addressing issues found in the CI pipeline or production
- Code reviews (via Bitbucket)
- Guiding and coaching junior team members
- 5+ years of professional front-end development experience
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Deep knowledge of AngularJS practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience
- Creating self-contained, scalable, reusable, and testable modules and UI components
- Validating user actions on the client side and providing responsive feedback
- Writing extensive unit tests using automated TDD tasks
- Creating e2e test suites for all components, and running them with CodeceptJS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A high degree of "ownership" - the ability to determine what needs to be done and make it happen
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Visual design and CSS
- Good grasp on usability and interaction design
- Knowledge in front end architecture (Redux, Flux, Reactive Programming)
- Knowledge of Java & J2EE and microservices
- Knowledge of front end dev ops (NPM, Jenkins, Docker, Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments, etc.)
- Experience deploying a global service in AWS
Back to top