Member of Technical Staff/Senior Member technical staff
- Bangalore, India
Job DescriptionJob Description
Why we are Excited about YOU:
Are you passionate about delivering great products? Want to be a part of the exploding Edge and IoT market? Want to get in a ground level to develop VMware's edge computing solution? Our team is looking for a talented, passionate testing engineer to join the team.
With the advent of IOT, edge computing is emerging as new frontier to blend the physical and virtual world, and enable new ways of solving problems, and deliver new experiences not available before. As industry shifts from centralized intelligence to distributed edge intelligence, edge computing presents great opportunities for growth and innovation. As the leader of private, public and hybrid cloud, VMware is extending its offering to the edges, and bringing benefits of cloud to the edge.
As a member of our team, you will play a key role in understanding customer use cases and defining the end-to-end behavior of the solution. This solution will involve developing a highly scalable SaaS service, an easy to use on-prem hyper converged infrastructure (HCI) and integrating with our SD-WAN product, Velocloud.
- Innovate every day.
- Collaborate with other automation engineers to architect, design, implement and integrate new and enhanced features with the highest possible quality
- Produce Automation suites to support long-term maintainability and extensibility of code in a large-scale multi-tenant SaaS environment.
- Determine the level of testing needed and ensuring it is done such that changes can be deployed successfully in a large-scale multi-tennant SaaS environment.
- Take responsibility for the end to end test case specification, design, implementation and automation of key product features.
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team
- Open up the boundaries in adopting new technologies and adopting best practices in design and test
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives with an end-to-end automation responsibility for your team's goals
- Obsess over quality in the product, identify trends in product quality and adapt to improve testing and development practices of your team
- Advance your technical and interpersonal skills in an environment that looks to expand them
- Be able to mentor Junior members technically in Architecture, Designing and robust Coding
- 6+ years of strong industry development/automation experience in Python or Java and knowledge of OO language
- Hands on experience in python Or Java is a Must
- Strong conceptual knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience using and developing large scale networking and distributed systems.
- Experience using and developing for scalability and performance, and designing/integrating large-scale systems.
- Knowledge of networking, Virtualization, datacenter configurations and software.
- Knowledge of VMware vSphere, NSX and APIs.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment, Knowledge of dev(ops) tools like Jenkins, git, reviewboard, jira.
- Advanced familiarity with Linux OS and develop Advanced Shell scripts for configuration, deployment and validation of system.
- Expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Motivated and self-driven - Find problems to solve. Solve them.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status including pregnancy, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top