Member of Technical Staff, Workspace ONE - Opportunity for working remotely
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Be a part of building the definitive enterprise identity cloud platform!
VMware Workspace ONE Team is looking for star engineers to be part of the team working on
the global identity-as-a-service initiative. You will work in "startup mode" to create one of
the most compelling cloud-based solutions the market has yet to see. If you are interested in driving a new way of end user computing, this may be a great fit.
Brief Description of Role/Responsibilities:
VMware is looking for a Software Engineer to work on large scale, highly available, web-based
SaaS identity and access management services. You will learn our current use of AWS services and drive improvements to both the application and supporting service stacks. You will have and grow your knowledge of AWS service offerings and be able to communicate advantages and trade-offs as they relate to the application. This role will be a high impact position as the SaaS identity offering is leading the way within EUC and VMware as the company shifts to a SaaS first, Cloud based practices. The successful candidate will be someone who can solve problems across the whole service stack and is passionate about developing Cloud Services. He or she will understand which approaches, tools, and services are most effective and up-level knowledge and skills of others. This role has opportunity to grow into significantly impacting architecture and development practices of entire organization.
• Masters degree preferred, Bachelors in Computer Science or EE from reputable institutes is required
• Must be motivated, detail-oriented, have the ability to thrive in a team environment and work
• Strong design, coding, and communication skills
• Strong Java development background
• Passion for collaborative development and support of quality hosted software services
• Experience working on live enterprise-grade services at scale in the cloud
• Understanding of deployment issues in a complex environment (security, networking, load balancers, service dependencies, disaster recovery etc.)
• Ability to understand the bigger picture of a service product, communicate with others how
components of a complex system interact, solve problems holistically
• Experience with AWS services and architectural practices
• Security and compliance consciousness
• Experience with asynchronous programming in Java
• Experience developing large-scale projects
• Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery practices and tools
• Bug tracking, project management, agile methodologies
• Very strong analytical skills, good judgment, passion for your work
• Good design skills and insight about usability
• Passion for robust automation and not repeating manual procedures
Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, opportunity to work with international teams of IT professionals
Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical insurance program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
JoinWorkspaceONE referral campaign
This position is eligible for JoinWorkspaceONE referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top