Member of Technical Staff - VMware Cloud on AWS
- Palo Alto, CA
VMware NSX team is looking for a talented individual with background in networking and security within our R&D organization.
VMware Networking Division is looking for a motivated software engineer to join their team working on the SDN Controller/Virtual Switch. You will have the authority and scope to apply your expertise in a fast-paced and technically-driven environment. Your responsibilities include:
- Design and develop switch & routing software stack that is being widely deployed.
- Interact with third parties integrating Open vSwitch into their networking stacks.
- Adapt fast-path and control interfaces to optimize forwarding on multiple software and hardware platforms.
- Implement and integrate new protocols.
- Develop effective unit tests to validate correct operation of the software.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues.
- Excellent understanding of Networking technologies - Switching, Routing & Security
- Excellent coding skills - C++ & Python
- Excellent trouble shooting & debugging skills
- Hands on Experience with Linux networking
- Experience developing stateful layer-7 network applications such as firewall or IPS.
- Good documentation skills
An ideal candidate will have some of the following skills:
- Prior experience working on SDN - Software defined networking
- Working knowledge of Containers, Kubernetes, OpenStack frameworks
- Experience with Virtualization and Hypervisor technologies
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Join VMware NSX and be part of the fastest growing Enterprise Software in the market today!
This position is eligible for the JoinVMC Enhanced ERP Campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top