Member of Technical Staff - VeloCloud SD-WAN (Dataplane)
- Palo Alto, CA
Software-Defined Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN) is a transformational approach to simplify branch office networking and assure optimal application performance. Software-Defined WAN has its roots in Software-Defined Networking (SDN), the underlying principle of which is to abstract the network hardware and transport characteristics from the applications that use the network. Our technology enables you to support application growth, network agility, and simplified branch implementations while delivering secure optimized access to cloud data centers and applications.
SD-WAN is evolving from simplified cloud management, assured performance WAN Infrastructure to a Client to Cloud to Container story with intrinsic security. It is no longer an "edge-to-edge technology". It is expanding to go deeper into the branch or home or frankly anywhere; from individual clients to the cloud, and all the way to the application container, wherever it sits, in the public or private cloud.
For the third year in a row, VeloCloud by VMware has been named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for WAN Edge Infrastructure! Amongst multiple vendors, VMware emerged again as a Leader, positioned furthest in Completeness of Vision and highest in Ability to Execute. Learn Fast, Trust each other, Have Fun. That embodies the culture of VeloCloud by VMware - a market leader in the SD-WAN space.
Our products and teams are growing fast, and most of your work will be driving new features in Security, SASE, SWG, Federal.
- Understanding the key requirements for the Control and Data Plane Security features of the VeloCloud SD-WAN product, architecting a solution and delivering a working prototype and the final product
- Deliver major functionality smoothly, on time with excellent quality
- Collaborate effectively with other staff to solve complex problems. - Assist with debugging and verification of defects in your own and others' work.
- Build rapid prototypes and work on fast paced projects.
- Understand the big picture, such as the importance of proper security architecture, unit testing, automation
- 3+ years programming in C, with emphasis on multi-threaded programming.
- preferable experience working in one or more of the areas of network security concepts, FedRAMP, FIPS, CC, IPv6.
- Knowledge of L2/L3 networking protocols.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with deep knowledge of data structures, algorithms, multi-threaded programming, and software design
- Knowledge of high-performance control and data plane pipelined architecture is desired
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top