Member of Technical Staff / Sr. Member of Technical Staff - UI
- Bangalore, India
Sr. Member Technical Staff - UI
VMware (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in Business Infrastructure Virtualization, delivers proven virtualization solutions -from the desktop through the datacenter and to the cloud-that energize business, while saving energy. IT organizations in companies of all sizes rely on VMware and its industry-leading platform, VMware vSphere™, to achieve a more efficient, controlled and flexible IT environment. With 2009 revenues of $2 billion and more than 170,000 customers and 25,000 partners, VMware delivers the world's most trusted solutions for virtualization, a strategic initiative that consistently ranks as a top priority among CIOs. VMware's award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide our 20,000+ employees in 40+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
"This R&D team is part of CMBU and is one of the most versatile team working across products. vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager(vRSLCM) to Content Management". We work on Product Development from scratch (all layers, UI, middle layer and backend), perform customer oriented R&D, new innovations, PoCs, Patents, Ideas, new Tools, Customer Support, Customer Success Programs etc......Out technology stack includes Java, JEE, Spring, .net, Angular JS, GWT, Cloud, AWS, Azure, Postgres, SQL server etc. We actively participate in Patents, Hackathons, RADIO and other innovation events throughout the year spanning from IoT, Cloud to Machine Learning"
The Engineer in the R&D Org team will be responsible for providing deep technical expertise and drive Cloud Automation products to a next generation cloud management initiative. In addition to technical architecture support, the Engineer will collaborate with distributed cross-functional teams - Engineering, UX, GSS, Professional Services, RM, QA and Product Management to distill customer needs into workable tasks. The Engineer would work on developing algorithms, building distributed applications, APIs, fault-tolerant computing and use virtualization as a key technology to design and implement applications that solve real-world problems. The candidate will be part of the innovative team of engineers with strong technical background and will be working in highly challenging and state of the art technologies. S/he will get tremendous opportunity to Innovate, build new open source technology, file patents etc
- Provide technical design & architectural leadership for next generation UI/UX wrt Cloud Management products
- Draft, author and implement new UI mockups from scratch for better UX
- Innovate, Research & Evaluate new technologies including Open Source and tools for a quality/flexible output.
- Code and implement new algorithms to solve complex problems.
- Triage, Analyze and Fix customer issues with quick turnaround time.
- Participate in architectural decisions, design and code reviews.
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of Cloud Management industry directions and trends
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional distributed teams Core Engineering, GSS, QA and Product Management in all phases - Requirements, Development, Testing, Launch/Release and continue refinement of VMware Cloud Management related technologies
- Document best practices and architectural references in developing and deploying product solutions
- Work in an Agile development environment while continuously evaluate and improve engineering processes
- Should have technology independent mindset and juggle priorities on daily basis.
- BTech/MTech Degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- 7-12 years of experience with significant depth around designing and programming enterprise class products.
- 4+ years of experience in developing enterprise-class management software
- Min 4+ years of strong coding experience in any OO programming language Java/C++/Python etc
- Min 1+ years of strong experience in J2EE stack (Spring Core, JSP/Servlets/MVC frameworks-Struts/Spring)
- Min 1+ years experience in J2EE Application Severs - JBoss/Tomcat or similar
Desired Skills :
- Experience in React.js or Angular.js is a big plus
- Exposure to Cloud computing, workflow domain and VMware technologies is a big plus
- Experience in developing RestFull Web Services
- Good understanding of SDLC, Agile methodologies, experience of working in product development companies
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top