Member of Technical Staff - SDET
- Palo Alto, CA
For the second year, VMware SD-WAN™ by VeloCloud® leads the WAN Edge Infrastructure market, continuing to be placed furthest in Completeness of Vision and highest in Ability to Execute. VeloCloud, now part of VMware is the only complete solution with all the key elements of a Cloud-Delivered WAN. VeloCloud dramatically simplifies the WAN by delivering virtualized services from the cloud to branch offices and mobile users everywhere. VeloCloud services deliver enterprise grade performance, visibility and control over both Internet and private networks, combining the economy of the Internet with the flexibility of the cloud. More information is available at http://www.velocloud.com
Do you love to make new things, design and develop technologies that will be used by legions of people? Do you want to learn about new groundbreaking networking and cloud technologies in a hands-on, fun and exhilarating environment? Then come join us. We pay as much attention to building a culture of fast learning in a fun and trustworthy environment as we do to building our products.
Learn Fast, Trust each other, Have Fun. That embodies the culture of VeloCloud by VMware.
- As a member of the team you will develop and improve the automation framework used for building tools and tests.
- You will be responsible for the architecture, design, development and maintenance of an automation framework, Tools, CI/CD Pipeline.
- You will work with various partners to develop, authorize and support reasonable SLAs and critical metrics for the test framework.
- You will conduct PoC on the latest testing technologies and automation tools and integrate AI and machine learning into automation development.
- Act as a mentor for QEs as well as provide training to engineers on testing strategies, standards, tools and process.
- MS in Engineering, Science, Technology, Computer Science or Bachelors + 2 years of work experience
- 4-6 years of solid experience building automation frameworks and tools
- 4+ years of proven Object Oriented Python development experience
- 3+ years experience implementing and maintaining a Continuous Integration framework. Including code promotion based on positive outcome of increasing breadth and depth of coverage and complexity test suites.
- Have working experience with popular and open sources technologies like Git, Jenkins, Docker, Selenium, Maven, JMeter and Jira.
- Implement, maintain, report and recommend improvements for code health metrics coverage and defect density metrics.
- Understand complicated cloud and data center infrastructure, deployments.
- Strong hands-on experience with industry leading test tools like Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, VMware virtualization, Service Virtualization and Network Virtualization.
- Provide technical expertise of system architecture, drive and recommend optimal testing strategies.
- Participate in scale and performance testing project planning, tracking, and reporting of automation progress for onshore and offshore engineers
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top