Member of Technical Staff - Professional 3
- Bangalore, India
VMware's world-class, award-winning R&D; team is comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualization. Members of the R&D; team voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap, initiate advanced research projects, and/or write and test code that ships. At VMware, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. R&D; team members work on the latest computing equipment and have access to the ACM and IEEE libraries. VMware has R&D; offices in: Silicon Valley; Burlington, MA; Cambridge, MA; Broomfield, CO; Sofia, Bulgaria; Aarhus, Denmark; London, UK; Herzliya, Israel; Bangalore, India; and Beijing, China.
Group Description (End User Computing EUC - Enterprise Desktop Products R&D team)
Today's workplace is growing increasingly mobile. End-users need access to their desktops and corporate information from various devices and locations. For IT, the delivery, management and security of corporate desktops, applications and data is an exceedingly complex challenge. Our End-User Computing team is building the next generation platform for enabling the mobile, modern workforce. The Horizon family of products was developed around the vision that users now need a virtual workspace - a central hub for accessing all their desktops, business applications, services and files.
Windows desktops have been a mainstay of the enterprise for 25 years, but a fundamental shift is now underway affecting the way enterprise customers access desktops, applications, and data. This shift is driven by two large-scale trends: cloud computing, and the emergence of personal Internet-connected devices to replace PCs. Desktops, apps, and data should be accessible from any device, anywhere, transparently. VMware Horizon (View), as the leading implementation of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, is a key enabler for the desktop of the future as well as application delivery. VMware View is the solution that centralizes desktops in the datacenter and makes them available remotely from multiple endpoint devices.
VMware Horizon DaaS is a SaaS solution for delivering virtual desktop remotely. The Horizon DaaS engineering team is developing a software platform that enables enterprises to consume desktops from the cloud in an as-a-service model.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Horizon Desktop-As-A-Service (DaaS) Platform on an individual contributed with the capability and desire to lead projects
- Design, implement, and document specific features and functions of the Horizon DaaS Platform
- Work closely with other members of a feature team in each sprint release
- Design and implement effective tests for components and features to ensure a high product quality.
• 4+ years software development experience
• BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
• Good at problem solving and analytical skills.
• Java EE experience including EJBs, Web Services, and/or other remoting technologies
• Experience with an RDBMS such as Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server, or PostgreSQL (preferred) or No SQL databases.
• Working knowledge of software engineering principles, design patterns, and commercial product development practices
• Use of Open Source packages for common capabilities (e.g., log4j, Quartz, ActiveMQ)
• Knowledge of Spring Framework and Hibernate
• Must be a highly motivated individual who is willing to take on challenging initiatives and is capable of working both independently and with others as a team.
• Hard-working with a "whatever it takes" attitude.
• Able to demonstrate effective teamwork both within the immediate team and across teams.
• Excellent communication (written & spoken) skills.
- Familiar with Agile/SCRUM development methodologies
- Familiar with one of the major server virtualisation products (preferably VMware ESXi/vSphere)
this role qualifies for JoinHorizonIndia referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top