Member of Technical Staff - Performance Engineering
- Bengaluru, India
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning, and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate, and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role & Responsibility:
We are looking for passionate people with a startup mindset who want to change the status quo. You'll be part of a premier and bright engineering team with a culture of open communication, empowerment, innovation where we develop solutions to improve performance and scalability, provide benchmarks to evaluate performance, and develop diagnostic tools to help customers identify and root cause performance issues. You will partner with other performance engineers and developers to develop best practices, author blogs, and white papers, and present internally, at conferences, and directly to partners and customers.
- Develop and automate performance measurement, data analysis & diagnostic solutions
- Develop standard benchmarks for performance measurement
- Root-cause performance problems and implement solutions to resolve them
- Understand the products in-depth to be able to identify performance bottlenecks/troubleshooting/profiling in architecture/design/code
- Have an eye to detail in identifying the pattern, troubleshooting complex performance issues, application profiling and identifying/actively providing suggestions in fixing them
- Publish research papers and product performance technical whitepapers
- Analyze next generation cloud deployment architectures to achieve optimal performance SLAs
- Contribute to mentoring Junior members technically in Architecture, Designing and robust Coding
- Background with Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field) with 6-8 years of substantial professional experience
- Strong programming skills in Java/Python
- You have significant expertise in code performance analysis, optimization, and scalability
- You have excellent analytical, debugging, and troubleshooting skill with attention to detail
- You have experience in performance benchmarking, analysis and optimization of distributed, multi-threaded applications in Java or C/C++
- You demonstrate comprehensive ability to profile, analyze & pin-point performance issues
- Validated understanding of CPU, memory, network, and storage hardware and software subsystems as they relate to performance
- You display a passion for performance optimization and virtualization
- Understanding of cloud-scale and microservice architecture
- Experience working with global teams highly desirable
- Organized and passionate about details; able to effectively perform multiple/concurrent tasks within deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Take the initiative to improve products, tools, and process
Our team looks for individuals who embody the values of humility, empathy, and collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, trustworthiness, and good-natured fun. Additionally, we would like:
- Strong understanding of system architecture, including processors, storage and networking
- Strong knowledge about virtualization, and/or container technologies
- Expertise with application profiling, tuning, performance benchmarking and code optimization of distributed applications
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top