Member Of Technical Staff - Java Backend - VoC
- Pune, India
Our Engineering Team is moving at lightning speed on the breaking edge of technology. Software Engineers specifically dedicated to the Voice of the Customer (VoC) work as part of an agile team to quickly diagnose and resolve issues impacting our customers. Within this fast-paced, collaborative organization, you'll work to ensure customer success and satisfaction by contributing to products that protect customers' dearest assets.
Carbon Black is hiring a senior software engineer that is excited to solve server side challenges. This person will have extensive knowledge with backend services, UI, and data storage options (files based as well as relational) with strong troubleshooting and analytic skills. You will lead an agile team in support of our award-winning products to quickly diagnose and resolve issues impacting our customers.
What You'll Do
As a VoC engineer, you will solve complex problems related to the Carbon Black Cloud product. You will review forensic data including product and system logs, debug large bodies of code, report defects and design workarounds to ensure our customer's continued success. You'll work closely with Product Management, Professional Services, and Customer Support teams to shorten the time-to-resolution of customer reported product issues.
- Troubleshoot and perform a root cause analysis of customer reported product issues (including: examining code base (compiling and comparing different versions), product logs, system logs, and other system debug information)
- Communicate clearly and effectively with internal stakeholders as well as customers to drive resolution of technical issues
Be proactive, self-motivated and attentive to detail when solving highly complex level of escalated problems
- Work well under pressure in a highly kinetic environment
What You'll Bring
- 5 + years of Software Development
Solid experience developing or supporting an enterprise class application, addressing product issues and driving corrective actions
- Experience building and leading a development team
- Fluency in: Java; Restful API; JMS, GO, SMQP, SQS; Python; Nodejs; Postgres
- Technology / Tools / Methodologies: AWS & ElasticSearch; Git; Postman, Agile Methodologies; CI/CD; Docker, react
- Operating Systems: Linux; Windows
- Strong verbal communication skills. You are a highly engaged developer in an agile environment where constant communication and continuous improvements are part of daily life.
- Ability to implement resilient code that will handle error conditions gracefully
- Understanding of container deployment technologies and how to best utilize cloud platform offerings on AWS
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top