Member of Technical Staff - Golang/C++, Distributed Systems
- Bengaluru, India
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Avi Networks, recently acquired by VMware, delivers software-defined application services with intelligent automation and elasticity with multi-cloud data fabrics. The Avi Vantage Platform (VMware NSX Advanced Load Balancer) also includes an Intelligent Web Application Firewall (iWAF) and Universal Service Mesh to ensure fast, scalable, and secure application delivery. Avi Networks also integrates seamlessly with API driven automation and orchestration tools such as Ansible and Terraform. Avi Networks completes and enables enterprises' digital transformation.
With Avi Networks now part of VMware, we can deliver the industry's only complete software-defined networking stack from L2-L7 built for the modern multi-cloud era leveraging a common architectural foundation. VMware will be able to offer both built-in load balancing capabilities as part of VMware NSX, and an advanced, standaloneADC offering that includes global server load balancing, web application firewall (WAF) and advanced analytics and monitoring.
Avi Controller (Containers) Developer:
Avi Controller orchestrates the deployment of the Application Load Balancers across multiple data path entities called Service Engine(s). The requisition involves working in the following areas which aide the orchestration of Application Load Balancers
- Containers: Avi integration with container ecosystems. This module handles all the integration aspects of Avi in areas of load balancing, analytics and security. Challenges involve scaling Avi and handling distributed handling of service discovery and high availability.
- ServiceMesh: This module works with NSX Service Mesh providing next generation application delivery. Ingress Gateway, Global Server Load Balancing, Web Application Firewall and Client Authentication are some major features in this area.
Job Role and Responsibility:
- Design and Development of Avi's Kubernetes/Servicemesh products by adhering to the cloud native design principles.
- Develop software for scale that would be deployed at different types of cloud infrastructures.
- Take ownership of your design and development activity by resolving bugs found in unit testing, system testing and customer deployments.
- Develop multi-cluster/multi-cloud work flows and define industry roadmaps for adoption.
- Develop low latency and high performance solutions with fully automated test suites.
- Code in Golang for most of your day with a working knowledge on Python.
- Work independently and effectively within and across teams
- B.Tech and/or M. Tech Computer Science with good academic record
- Good working knowledge of distributed systems and de-coupled architecture.
- Self-motivated, with ability and interest in learning new technologies and adapting quickly to new requirements.
- Strong Programming and Problem solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good team player and with great attitude to learn.
- Ability to iterate fast in an agile environment.
- 0-5 years of Industry experience in the relevant domain.
- Prior coding experience in Golang
- Experience of working with Kubernetes and containers.
- Basic knowledge of networking.
- Experience of working with various cloud technologies.
Here is why customers love Avi!
"Without Avi I don't think the platform would have launched or been as successful, quickly, as it has been because it's basically fast tracking that ability to get into production," Crawford of Deutsche Bank
"Due to Avi's granular multi-tenancy, RBAC and user-friendly interface we can now provide access to this important infrastructure component for the vast majority of our support staff. This greatly reduces the time needed for customer issues to get fixed and get changes applied."
Stefan De Kooter, Network Engineer, Proxsys
"Appliance-based products weren't meeting our needs, and as we evaluated alternatives, web application firewalling was our number-one consideration. We were pleasantly surprised by Avi iWAF's simple deployment, impressive ease-of-use, and intelligent security analytics, as well as the responsiveness of the Avi team." Joris Vuffray, Head of Network and System Mgmt,
"We evaluated traditional and open source load balancers but they didn't meet our agility, flexibility, and performance expectations. They did not provide a model that was operationally viable. We wanted to provide the same dev/test environment capabilities to the development teams even in a production environment. Avi met all of these capabilities and added analytics on top!" Nate Baechtold, IT Architect, EBSCO Information Services.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top