Member of Technical Staff
- Pune, India
vRealize Network Insight (Arkin, recently acquired by VMware) is transforming security and network operations for the Software Defined Data Center (SDDC). vRealize Network Insight removes the barriers to SDDC adoption by providing converged visibility, and contextual analytics across virtual and physical, an ability to implement next-generation security models such as micro-segmentation, and by ensuring application uptime, while letting IT collaborate better. The platform helps IT organizations plan, operate, visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their complex software-defined data center environments. vRNI (Arkin) has won a lot of industry awards including Gartner cool vendor in 2016, and Best for VMworld for 2015, and 2016. It is one of the most successful acquisitions by VMware.
vRNI Cloud is next-generation SaaS deployment of the product. We are looking for passionate engineers to join the Site Reliability Engineering team for vRNI Cloud. As the vRNI Cloud SRE you will provide service insight, response, and service management to maintain high service reliability with low touch through extensible services/platforms, standardized processes, data insights, and product input.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work closely with software engineering teams to improve the availability of services
- Handle seamless upgrades of infrastructure and services through automation
- Identify, gather, analyze and automate responses to key performance metrics, logs, and alerts
- Ensure infrastructure security compliance
- Conduct post-mortems to analyze and prevent repeat failures
- Conduct periodic on-call duties as needed on a regular basis
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent industry experience
- 6-8 years of working experience in an SRE/DevOps/Operations role with a SaaS product company
- Domain level understanding of AWS Cloud Infrastructure & Networking
- Experience operating, troubleshooting, and scaling online services
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- A professional and open-minded attitude
- Experience administering Linux systems in a production environment
- Good understanding of Linux operating system
- On-Call support for high priority incidents
- Proficient in at least one language: Java, Python, Go, Ruby, etc.
- Experience in Terraform/Ansible is highly desired
- Experience with Jenkins (usage/maintenance) is highly desired
- Experience in working with a Global team a definite plus
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top