Member of Technical Staff
- Pune, India
- === TEAM/BUSINESS SUMMARY===
In vRealize Network Insight (Arkin, recently acquired by VMware) we are transforming security and network operations for the Software Defined Data Center (SDDC). We are instrumental in removing the barriers to SDDC adoption by providing converged openness, and contextual analytics across virtual and physical, an ability to implement next generation security models such as micro-segmentation, and by ensuring application uptime, while letting IT collaborate better. This platform helps IT organizations plan, operate, visualize, analyze, and fix their complex software-defined data center environments. We have won a lot of industry awards including Gartner cool vendor in 2016, and Best for VMworld for 2015, and 2016. Our team is building a large scale distributed real time operations and analytics platform for next generation datacenters with enterprise grade reliability. You get to work with a very talented team of peers on networking and security domain, distributed systems, REST API and enterprise workflow/security integrations that will demonstrate open source innovations. We are involved in every aspect of the product development process, from early feature concept design, product development to testing and validation at customer sites.
=== JOB ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES: ===
We are searching for several talented, dynamic, hands-on Development Engineers to be part of a new team VMware vRNI division is building in India, Pune.
You will work closely with a team of passionate people with a startup mindset and who want to change the status quo. If you want the energy of a startup with all the perks of a public company this is the opportunity you should be looking at.
In this role, you will design across layers and distributed systems to implement models for Software Defined Networks and Software Defined Security.
- Work across backend and frontend teams, infrastructure and domain teams.
- Collaborate with product managers, customers and other teams to create optimized platform, product skus
=== REQUIRED SKILLS: ===
- You have a consistent record and expertise in architecture principles, design and implementation across distributed systems.
- You are proficient in design and develope services oriented architecture and integrations.
- You are an expert on Java/C++ or other OOP and multi-thread programming in Linux/Unix environments.
- You have a deep understanding of Data Center concepts around virtualization, compute, network and security.
- You have excellent, concise communication skills to articulate the decisions and thought process
=== PREFERRED SKILLS: ===
- You are passionate for TDD and unit testing.
- You have a collaborative approach and are self-motivated.
B.E., B.Tech, M.E., M.Tech, PhD in Computer Science or equivalent from premier institutes.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top