Member of Technical Staff
- Bangalore, India
The world is in the midst of a transformation. Enterprises across the globe are turning to software to change the way business is done. Today, in this device and application driven world, companies are laser-focused on empowering teams by tailoring their businesses to their employees' digital behaviors. This is where we lead the way.
In VMware End User Computing (EUC), we run the world's largest Digital Workspace Platform - Workspace ONE. We build solutions that customize, simplify, and automate the employees' digital experience at work to help them achieve more. Workspace ONE provides every employee with the agility of being connected to the business from any device, on any Cloud, at any time. At the core of our business is our end-users; and everything we do is motivated around them and their experience.
Job Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking an Sr. Android Engineer to be part of VMware End User Computing business unit working in Workspace ONE mobile application teams. Workspace ONE digital workspace platform provides end point management as well as productivity tools for mobile workforce.
We are passionate about delivering high quality and secure products.
You will take ownership of product quality, user experience, and security - every member of the team is responsible for delivering a best-in-class product that users love.
Design, build, and test product features and components, while working with our security and UX teams to ensure that Workspace ONE apps are both secure and delightful to use.
You will help maintain and improve our automated test suite and CI pipeline.
You will participate in code reviews and design reviews for building a robust and scalable product that does not require rework.
Play an active role in debugging and addressing critical product issues. Our product is critical to our customers, and every developer will cooperate with our support team to make sure our customer needs are met.
In this role, you will be involved in coordinating work across teams, architects and other business units. This involves UI/UX, Security and Architecture teams. You will establish networks outside own area of expertise.
You may be involved in actively mentoring junior team members and play an active role in addressing or helping the team with critical issues/escalation. You will be working with highly skilled senior engineers and architects who will always be there for guiding or mentoring whenever required.
You will proactively work on identifying issues and exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Perform analysis of complex tasks or situations that required in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Personal growth is important to our team. We want our team to be constantly learning and staying up to date with the latest Android technologies, libraries, and frameworks. You will receive educational budget and time to continue to get better at your craft.
Generate technical innovation ideas. Champion the culture of creativity and excellence through technical innovations and attention to quality and integrity.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in software development using Android SDK (Kotlin/Java) and different versions of Android.
- Highly proficient in object-oriented methodologies, design patterns, data structures, algorithms and quality coding skills, excellent debugging skills.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, material design guidelines, patterns and best practices.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical training
- Experience working in Git, Stash, Jira and other productivity tools.
- Experience with application profiling and performance tuning.
- Experience in building and debugging network driven apps is highly valued.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Good interpersonal skills.
- Work experience in an energizing environment, following agile practices.
- Successfully handled multiple, high priority projects and tasks.
- Security and compliance consciousness
- Experience with asynchronous programming
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery practices and tools
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top