Member of Technical Staff - Build Tool Engineer
- Bangalore, India
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers' digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything, responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with adefence-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
About Avi Networks:
Avi Networks, acquired by VMware, delivers software-defined application services with intelligent automation and elasticity with multi-cloud data fabrics. The Avi Vantage Platform (VMware NSX Advanced Load Balancer) also includes an Intelligent Web Application Firewall (WAF) and Universal Service Mesh to ensure fast, scalable, and secure application delivery. Avi Networks also integrates seamlessly with API-driven automation and orchestration tools such as Ansible and Terraform. Avi Networks completes and enables enterprises' digital transformation.
The Avi Networks team was the fastest growing start-up in the application delivery/load balancing space which was acquired by VMware in July 2019. We have an SDN-like architecture solving problems like ease of use, orchestration, automation and analytics for our customers. We are now the NSX advanced load balancer team within NSBU.
The Avi VantagePlatformisdeployed across datacentersand clouds, delivering better elasticity, intelligence, and cost savings by providing granular per-tenant and per-app services. Avi's customers include 20% of Fortune 50 companies. Customers enjoy 5X faster application rollouts, actionable analytics, and 70% lower cost.
We have an exciting job opportunity foraBuild&ToolsEngineerin our NSX ALB Engineering team.You willbedrivingthe Build & Tools area for the industry-leading load balancer product - everything fromBuild Infra,Buildfailure analysis,Secure PipelineRequirement,Transformation of Build process to the next-genprocess ,Jenkins Pipelinemodification, Tools andframeworksrequiredforthe team.
Our team works on diverse technology areas and uses innovative approaches inthe Build and ToolsArea, Smart Automation is our motto and we live by that. You will be working with a team full of talented and supportive individuals with various levels of experience. Our team values diversity, collaboration, and open thought while supporting VMware's EPIC2 values.
Title:Sr. Build& Tools Engineer
Experience:8-12 years+ ExperienceinDevopsand Build
Qualifications:BE/BTech/MTech in Computer Science or equivalent
- Writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Providing technical leadershipin thebuild &Release areasto an agile team of 3-5
- Do Build Failure Analysis
- Develop and Manage Build Infra
- Movethe CurrentBuild Processto the Next-Gen Build Process
- Develop andManagethe current tools and frameworks deployed
- Creates and maintains moderately complex automated scripts. Develops reusable automated scripts from a variety of interfaces.
- Schedules and performs testing as assigned; submits errors and issues to development for correction, and retests once errors have been corrected; tests corrected code. Tracks defects and causal analysis to closure.
- Coordinates andmonitorscomplexautomation projects from initiation through delivery.
- Experience with network, system, firewall administration
- Extensive knowledge and experience working in a DevOps, CI/CD environment.
- 5+ years of experience as a Build/Tools/Devopsengineer in a large server farm/environment
- Very Good experience with Jenkins & GitHub/Lab
- Excellent experience with Python automation anddeveloping tools
- Experience of working on container, Kubernetes
- Good Knowledge of Networking.
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong programming/scripting and troubleshooting skills, background with extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux, and virtualization/cloud concepts
- Experience of working with code repositories:GIT ,Perforce
- Automation of configuration management tasks, along with other tools/applications like JIRA, Confluence, Fish Eye,Liquidbase/Flyway,etc...
- Experience with software build tools like Ant, Maven, Gradle, continuous integration build systemslike Jenkins,Hudson, etc., experience working with cloud platforms and deployment tools like Chef/Puppet
- Experience in using tools to integrate best practices like static code analysis, automated unit tests & regression tests, code coverage analyzers, creation of sandbox environments etc.
- Experience in Building & Packaging applications and dependencies
- Experience with network, system, firewall administration
- Knowledge of the cloud env and internals is a plus
- ExperienceofworkinginBazelis a plus
Hereiswhy customers love Avi!
- "Without Avi I don't think the platform would have launched or been as successful, quickly, as it has been because it's basically fast tracking that ability to get into production," Crawford of Deutsche Bank.
- "Due to Avi's granular multi-tenancy, RBAC and user-friendly interface we can now provide access to this important infrastructure component for the vast majority of our support staff. This greatly reduces the time needed for customer issues to get fixed and get changes applied."
- Stefan DeKooter, Network Engineer,Proxsys
- "Appliance-based products weren't meeting our needs, and as we evaluated alternatives, web application firewalling was our number-one consideration. We were pleasantly surprised by AviiWAF'ssimple deployment, impressive ease-of-use, and intelligent security analytics, as well as the responsiveness of the Avi team." JorisVuffray, Head of Network and SystemMgmt.,SWISSLOS
- "We evaluated traditional andopen sourceload balancers but they didn't meet our agility, flexibility, and performance expectations. They did not provide a model that was operationally viable. We wanted to provide the same dev/test environment capabilities to the development teams even in a production environment. Avi met all of these capabilities and added analytics on top!" Nate Baechtold, IT Architect,EBSCO Information Services.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top