VMware vRealize Automation (vRA) allows customers to rapidly deploy and provision cloud services across private and public clouds, on a variety of physical infrastructure, and hypervisors. vRA allows authorized users access to standardized IT services through a secure self-service portal, acting as a service governor and helping enforce business and IT policies throughout the service lifecycle. The Customer Success Engineering team is passionate about delivering features to delight customers as part of the core product and make the SDDC easy to adopt in very large environments. The vRA team is seeking a motivated engineer to help us build solutions at scale to make it easy for customers to manage their private cloud, the public cloud and everything in between.
More information on vRA available at http://www.vmware.com/products/vrealize-automation/
• Design and develop features that enable radically simplified hybrid cloud automation
• Implement product features in compliance with the overall technical architecture of the system
• Develop a deep understanding of cloud scale architectures to evolve the product's technology foundation
• 4+ years of combined experience in design and development (coding) on enterprise-scale software systems or SaaS products.
• 3+ years of direct hands-on experience on production class systems or products that operate at large scale
• Familiarity with J2EE, REST and other distributed technologies desired
• Domain experience with building solutions or products that enable cloud computing, or leverage cloud technologies is a huge plus
• Experience with virtualization technologies (any platform, but particularly VMware vSphere and/or Microsoft HyperV) is a huge plus
• Ability to work in a geographically dispersed team environment is a must
• Prior experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies is a plus
• Bachelors in Computer Science; Masters very strongly preferred
• Strong oral and written communication skills
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.