Member of Technical Staff - Backend Software Engineer
- Los Angeles, CA
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join VMware's Cloud Management Automation SaaS team. We build creative, comprehensive cloud management solutions, products and cloud services that manage hybrid (multi-cloud) environments running anything from traditional to container (cloud native) workloads delivering availability, performance, capacity and cost management.
VMware's Automation SaaS turns all your private and commercial cloud environments into one integrated cloud. You build and deploy your computing resources wherever you want, when you want. VMware Automation provides dev-ops capability to respond quickly as your needs change.
Are you an innovator and problem solver that loves working with new technologies? Do you want to be a part of a team that delivers high quality products solving customer problems? Are you passionate about solving cloud management challenges across public, private and hybrid cloud? Are you willing to learn new technologies?
If you answered yes to any of the above and thrive giving candid feedback and contributing to the development of new ideas and services, we are the team for you.
We are a highly focused, fast moving, agile Engineering team. We believe everyone's voice matters. We value diversity, different perspectives and an unrelenting commitment to delivering software that provides high value and solves real problems. We strive to quickly deliver highly performant, scalable services at the highest possible quality.
Role and Responsibility
- You have strong programming skills, are well versed in foundational aspects of CS and OOP
- You have passion for quality and excitement for solving problems
- You have the urge to deliver phenomenal software to our customers
- You are self-motivated and have the ability to work in an agile manner
- You are detail oriented with a focus on implementation excellence
- Working collaboratively in a small team setting
- Designing, implementing and delivering various aspects of a scalable distributed provisioning system
- Solving problems related to performance, scale, resiliency
- Implementing REST API's and their integrations into frontend and other SaaS services
- Working across backend and frontend teams, infrastructure and domain teams
- Debugging remote distributed systems
- Creating solutions that integrate with other services in a SaaS environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Strong Java coding skills
- Proven knowledge in CS, OOP fundamentals as well as object-oriented design patterns
- Understanding of networking and distributed system design.
- Experience with Linux and Mac operating systems
- Track record in large-scale customer facing system software or SaaS services development
- Strong, concise communication skills to articulate thought process
- Validated ability to deliver on schedule
- Master's degree in Computer Science
- Familiarity in development of services oriented architecture, integrations
- Experience with Spring Framework
- Experience in collaborative team continually delivering SaaS solutions on AWS
- Familiarity with Apache Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker or other infrastructure software
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top