Member of Technical Staff
- Bangalore, India
VMware is a pioneer of the Software Defined Data Center and we are now investing in bringing the Operational Excellence of Public Cloud Data Center Networks to the Enterprise Private Cloud. We are looking for a hands-on Member Technical Staff to work on VMware's Cloud Foundation product and related initiatives. VMware Cloud Foundation makes it easy to deploy and operate a secure and agile hybrid cloud. VMware Cloud Foundation is providing integrated cloud infrastructure (compute, storage, networking, and security), cloud management services and prescriptive designs to run a spectrum of workloads from enterprise workflows to virtual desktops to ML/AI applications, inside containers or virtual machines, in both private and public environments. For more information: https://www.vmware.com/products/cloud-foundation.html
The successful candidate is an innovative and seasoned software
engineer with 4 - 10 years of experience, proven track record for delivering
features in complex products with quality and on time. A good understanding of TCP/IP
networking fundamentals and Object Oriented programming paradigm is required.
Knowledge of virtualization, Software Defined Networking concepts and
docker/containers is a plus.
You will be working in a high-performing, fun-loving team and
with industry leading frameworks and technologies such as Spring MVC,
virtualization and SDN. As a crucial member of this team, you will perform
hands-on coding of critical pieces that integrate with the management plane of
VMware's industry leading virtualization products (e.g., VCenter, Software
Defined Networking NSXT product, vSAN). You will work with product managers to
define product roadmaps, translate requirements into functional specs and
designs. You will find that work is both fun, and challenging in a highly
collaborative, inclusive, and agile atmosphere.
- Accountable individual who contribute to the design and implementation of enterprise class software.
- Work as part of team to deliver on software projects using proven development processes (Agile/SCRUM).
- Collaborate with stake holders on requirements and respond with deliverables in agile methodology for frequent releases.
- Work closely with project team members (architects, Tech Leads, Product Management, Functional QA, System Test).
- Proven ability to handle multiple, complex technical problems and have the flexibility to work in a very dynamic environment.
- Experience in working with world-class software development teams and projects through multiple releases.
- Strong knowledge of Agile Project Management processes.
- 4 - 10 years of hands-on experience with Java based development projects using MVC, RESTful APIs, horizontal scalability, micro services, high availability principles.
- Strong background in TCP/IP networking. Experience in SDN technologies a huge plus.
- Strong fundamentals in Programming, Data structures and Algorithms, OO design patterns,
- Ability to understand and drive good software design patterns for consistency, code quality and supportability.
- Excellent communicator with verbal and written presentation, status reporting skills.
- Proficiency and experience with VMware Products, central unified management applications, life cycle management using automated updates and web application technologies in a data center environment is a plus.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science from a reputed institution
VMware is an equal opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This position is eligible for the JoinHCI referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top