Member of Technical staff
- Bengaluru, India
Exciting opportunity fora System TestEngineerin our Blockchain Engineering team. You will be building the Blockchain System Test- everything from continuous test and integration in our pipelines, to full System Testing, Customer Test, and Deployment Test, and SRE.
At VMware, we are fundamentally building the Enterprise Blockchain with innovation, enterprise-grade capability, and solutions that will power blockchain in every market sector including financial, retail, and supply chain. The VMware Blockchain solution is deeply engrained with unique technical innovation as well as ensuring it meets enterprise product needs for real world Blockchain applications.
Our team works on cutting edge technology to deliver improved management and security tools for our own blockchain environment as well as others from across the industry. You will work with a team of talented and supportive individuals from across the world as well as members of the academic community and VMware's Research Group in this role. Our team values diversity, collaboration, and open thought while supporting VMware's EPIC2 values.
Are you readyfor your next great challengewith the Blockchain Engineering team in VMware?
- Leading the day-to-day activities of the System Test in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Design and maintain test strategies for comprehensive, customer-focused end to end testing.
- Build maintainable, high quality and effective automated tests on top of various automation tools and frameworks, to execute complex tests on a distributed system
- Review and triage test failures and verify fixes
- Work with team to analyze code coverage using industry standard tools
- Be an active participant in planning and designing product features with the ability toview the application from a customer perspective
- Provide strong testing, debugging and documentation skills, be self-motivated and proactively manage time and tasks
- Stay current with the latest Engineering best practices and share the findings
- Collaboration with cross functional teams involved in theproductdelivery
- Analyzing quality data, identifying areas of improvement and implementing solutions.
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of quality assurance, customer advocacy,automation tools, software development in a large-scale enterprise environment.
- Experience developing and using automation frameworks for regression/system level testing in Linux, Web, SaaS environments.
- Experience developing system level testing for complex environments to focus on stress, scalability, destructive testing, customer scenarios, and system integration (including partners, and customers)
- Strong coding skills (Python or Java)
- Good working knowledge of web applicationsand RESTful APIs and the related testing platforms
- Strong Experience with build and delivery systems such as Jenkins, Git, Apt, Docker, etc.
- Experience working with Support and escalation organization during critical escalations and feeding back (RCA) learnings to test organizations
- Experience with leading the everyday activities of a global engineering team using Agile/Scrum processes.
- Working with global team in deferent geographical locations
Who you are:
- Self Starter- Thrive in a fast paced andchangingenvironment.
- Strong collaboration skills with a "Team First" mentality.
- Technical engineering excellence, innovation in everything you do.
- "Growth" mindset in tackle problems and creating great solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 6-9years experiencein an equivalent role
- MS/BS in CS/EEor equivalent
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top