Member of technical staff
- Bangalore, India
VMware Cloud (VMC)on AWS enables customers to consume the full range of vSphere-based infrastructure products and a broad portfolio of tightly integrated VMware SaaS services, managed through a unified control plane and common infrastructure. We are on a journey to create a common infrastructure to manage VMware's core Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) products for VMC on AWS, and to extend the same to multi-cloud, hybrid, and edge scenarios.
We are looking for creative and experienced engineers to build our cloud platform. Our vision is to expand our well-established data center management capabilities in the cloud. If you have a real passion for architecting, designing, and building cloud-aware systems that are highly instrumented, scalable, manageable, and fault tolerant, then you will fit right in. We are looking for engineers with high levels of ownership. If you aspire to work on industry-changing technologies and deliver high quality product that delights customers, if you are a dynamic, highly-motivated person, who is looking for professional growth and is up for the challenge, this is the place for you.
- You would join our team in delivering enterprise-class distributed system and services offering on top of VMware core virtualization products such as vSphere-based infrastructure products.
- You would be involved in all phases of the service development lifecycle including DevOps and fleet operations, based on an agile development methodology.
- You will collaborate with stakeholders in engineering, product management, quality and SRE teams.
- You would lead a broad aspect of architecture, design, test, deployment of features and services in a DevOps model.
- You would work in an environment where innovation is fostered and encouraged.
- MS CS or equivalent required.
- 8 years or more of industry software design and development experience with enterprise software, highly available distributed and systems at scale.
- Experience working with AWS, Azure or Google Cloud is a huge plus.
- Strong skills in any modern C-based language required. Java, Python, Go is highly desirable.
- Strong background in distributed systems, cloud applications and services. Data driven approach highly desired.
- Experience with Kubernetes and microservices highly desired.
- Experience operating in an autonomous team, provided with latitude in making technical and design decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent collaboration and leadership skills.
- Excellence and innovation
- Straightforwardness and open communication
- A sense of fun and an appreciation of a balanced life
- Delivery on our promises to our partners, our customers and ourselves
- A passion for what we do and the value we deliver
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top