Member of Technical Staff 3 - HCIBU
- Palo Alto, CA
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2013 revenues of $5.21 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 55,000 partners, and 14,000+ employees in 50+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what's next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
Why work for our Division
VMware's world-class, award-winning RD team is comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualization. Members of the RD team voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap, initiate advanced research projects, and/or write and test code that ships. At VMware, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. RD team members work on the latest computing equipment and have access to the ACM and IEEE libraries. VMware has RD offices in: Silicon Valley; Cambridge, MA; Broomfield, CO; Sofia, Bulgaria; Aarhus, Denmark; London, UK; Herzliya, Israel; Bangalore, India; and Beijing, China.
Why work with our Group
Engineers interested in problem solving, developing testing tools, solving the challenges involved in hardware and software interoperability, have a special passion to design automated tests to find bugs in our products or design test plans to ensure that the products operate efficiently with all hardware and software systems. They work with the latest hardware, software and devices to ensure that our software executes flawlessly. They design and build test infrastructure, including automation framework and tools, coverage analyzers, and custom test tools.
VMware, the leader in virtualization software, is seeking a NCG Engineer, to be part of a System Test Automation team for VMware's products. We are looking for talented and highly motivated software test engineer with a passion for automating complex real-time customer scenarios with our products. If you are passionate about automation and like the challenge of removing the complexity of a test case from being executed manually and you have the desire to work on VMware product, this might be the right opportunity for you.
- A perfect opportunity to work for one of VMWare's flagship product - vSAN (Virtual SAN, a highly efficient distributed storage platform) - and make a powerful impact to numerous customers that are using software defined storage (SDS) offering through VMware Cloud (VMC).
- Own the ultimate quality of the product with your effective contribution to storage product for onprem & cloud releases.
- Automate complex real-time customer scenarios and use cases and validate the storage platform at heavy stress and scale.
- Take complete ownership of the indigenously built Software Defined Storage Framework using Core Java and enhance it to take it to the future so that it caters to the needs of all system test teams within the BU.
- Analyze existing operations and come up with a tactical strategy to reduce test execution time and improve engineering efficiency.
- Participate in review of feature and test design specification.
- Work with relevant parties such as PM, dev, support and ecosystem team to determine and understand new features and enhancements, test requirements, test strategy, etc.
- Develop effective test cases that mimics customer workflows and stretch the boundaries of the underlying product.
- Work independently as well as in a team of engineers for testing VMware's flagship product.
- Work with local and remote cross-functional teams.
- Manage activities to meet the delivery dates and report accurate, complete status.
- Extend test coverage/ Improve test methodologies and processes.
- Maintain current hands-on knowledge of the VMware product line such as: vSphere, vCenter
- 2 to 4 years of enterprise application development or testing distributed applications
- Proficient in Core Java programming, Java Script, HTML, CSS
- Excellent analytical, trouble shooting, debugging systems and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Good understanding of Operating system and with deeper understanding of Storage subsystem
- Thorough understanding of software design principles, OOPS and testing methodologies
- Experience working in Linux & Windows environment
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work directly with geographically distributed teams
- Experience on test automation or testing software products
- Knowledge of virtualization and storage subsystem, with a special emphasis on VMware vSphere
- Well versed working with highly distributed applications
• MS in Computer Science/ Engineering or related fields
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
This position is eligible for the JoinHCI referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top