Member of Technical Staff
- Bangalore, India
VMware is seeking talented entry/mid-level/senior-level engineers to work on large scale, highly available systems. As a member of this team, you will be an active and integral member of the development team throughout the entire product development cycle and will participate in many innovative projects, with the authority and scope to apply your expertise in a SaaS-first, fast-paced and technically driven environment. You will be responsible for developing, deploying and supporting components in our SaaS offering as well as being used by other product teams. You will be getting in on the "ground floor" of this new Bangalore Engineering team. You'll be part of a seasoned and bright engineering team with a culture of open communication, empowerment, innovation, test-driven development (TDD), teamwork and customer success. We are looking for engineers who have a strong self-directed work ethic, a nimble mindset, and a strong personal ownership of system quality.
- Working within a collaborative team setting with other developers to architect, design, implement and integrate new and enhanced features with the highest possible quality. At this level this includes collaborating across teams and geographies
- Owning quality of software components deployed in SaaS and On-Premises environments. This includes:
- Develop distributed unit tests and integration tests for the features you develop
- Understanding how components fit into our SaaS offering, other products, and our On-Premises delivery; and determining and ensuring that appropriate testing is done to ensure quality in all environments.
- Supporting components as deployed in SaaS and On-Premises environments.
- Taking responsibility for the specification, design, implementation, testing and deployment of key product features
- Writing well-documented, high performance, reliable, maintainable Java code.
- Push the envelope in adopting new technologies and adopting best practices in design and test
- Play a significant role in design and code reviews with a major focus on modularity, performance, scalability and future expansion
- Masters degree preferred, Bachelors in Computer Science or EE from reputable institutes is required
- 7+ years of experience in developing distributed enterprise and/or SaaS applications, REST APIs.
- Experience/Knowledge of modern loosly coupled service architectures a plus
- Strong Coding, Design and Deployment skills
- 5+ years industry development experience in Java or another OO language
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Experience with modern configuration management tools such as Chef or Puppet is a plus
- A passion for building quality software and quality systems
- Knowledge of Spring framework and Hibernate
- Experience with security and authentication technologies and networking protocols that relate to distributed computing is an advantage
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate effective teamwork both within the immediate team and across teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong desire and ability to mentor and encourage team members
- A roll up the sleeves attitude and a hands-on style
- The flexibility and adaptability to be able to change direction quickly to meet the dynamic needs of the business
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top