- Boston, MA
- Denver, CO
- Springfield, IL
- Fort Myers, FL
- Plano, TX
- Bellevue, WA
- Santa Ana, CA
- Newark, OH
- State College, PA
- Lebanon, OR
- Smyrna, GA
Title: Market Researcher, Customer Insights(Qualitative/Quantitative)
At VMware, we are preparing for the transformation to an even more customer-centric, cloud-ready company, which has resulted in a newly created and unifiedCustomer Experience and Success Team. This has been as a result of many months of talking to our customers, as well as studying best practices in the software industry. This new organization will help to take VMware to the next level of customer satisfaction and success. This newly formed group has brought together various key functions and roles that are crucial to our customer experience. This includes Customer Success, Global Services, Technical Support, Premier Support, Technical Account Management and Professional Services.
In the Customer Success Innovation & Intelligence team, our vision is to enable the organization to deliver repeatable customer experiences that drive outcomes and value for our customers. As a Senior Researcher, you will be responsible for leading qualitative and quantitative research to advise our business partners on key decisions. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to develop hypotheses, design custom research studies, and analyze customer feedback to drive actionable recommendations.
This position requires strong business acumen and ability to distill actionable insights from disparate data sources. If you love data, are a strategic thinker, and want to drive business impact, we would like to hear from you!
- Develop and lead market research initiatives end-to-end
- Identify and translate business questions into research/analysis design
- Design, launch, and fully execute complex market research/insights initiatives
- Analyze data from qualitative, quantitative, and operational data with high accuracy, to uncover findings with business impact
- Summarize key findings into compelling data stories and deliverables
- Provide actionable recommendations to business units based on findings from analysis
- Present and communicate insights to executive stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience in qualitative and quantitative market research
- 2+ years of experience in the technology industry
- Ability to design, conduct, and analyze qualitative/quantitative market research studies
- Experience/interest in writing discussion guides and conducting customer interviews
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to executive audiences
- Excellent at visualizing data, synthesizing insights, and storytelling with data
- Proficient with data analytics, particularly customer feedback and survey data
- Strong organizational skills; excellent execution and follow-through
- Strong written and verbal communication; demonstrable ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Interest in Python, R, SPSS, SAS, and/or similar analytics tools
- Knowledge of Voice of the Customer, Customer Success, and Customer Experience strategies preferred
- BS/BA degree (or equivalent) in a quantitative or a business field
"This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
For positions located in Colorado: This position has a base salary starting at $75000. Bonus, commission, and/or equity may be eligible for this position. Additional benefits for this position can be found at https://benefits.vmware.com/. *Note: Disclosure of Colorado pay and benefits required per sb19-968
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top