Manager Workplace Operation
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Workplace Manager will (lead a team to) manage the day-to-day activities for the assigned facility and be the on-site key point of contact for business stakeholders. The role will assume overall responsibility for site budgets, accounting and finance, maintenance and operations, contract services, purchasing of material, equipment & supplies, occupancy services, Cafeteria, Pantry , Transport services, Reception, Visitors Management Helpdesk, Mail room, Shipping and receiving, Ergonomics, EHS , Sustainability coordination and Landlord coordination.
- People Management (where applicable):
- Demonstrate and ensure to instill a culture in the team that match VMware EPIC2 values and being an Expert, Proactive, Innovative, Versatile, Team Player and valuing the Customer
- Manage and coach team
- Develop and sustain a high-quality well motivated team
- Ensure high staff morale, trust and work ethics
- Build and maintain an environment that supports teamwork, co-operation and performance excellence within team
- Mentor and enable Training & Development of team members
- Business Stakeholder Management:
- Proactively engage stakeholders to ensure that on site business leaders' expectations are met.
- Build and develop effective stakeholder relationships across multiple levels of the organization
- On-site key point of contact for REW in the VMW office premises
- Procurement & Vendor Management
- Ensure vendors are well-managed, delivering services on time and within budget
- Ensure that vendor procurement processes comply with VMware strategic and sourcing, procurement guidelines.
- Contracts Management
- Plan and manage all workplace contracts for the site to ensure that they are professionally delivered at the right costs.
- Ensure expiry of contracts are well-monitored and re-procurement is initiated if needed
- Ensure contracts are continually assessed to deliver best value to the client
- Finance Management
- Actively work to ensure that the VMware office financial operations are meeting or exceeding targets and control requirements as per VMware Code of Ethics
- Ensure financial processes are always followed.
- Health & Safety Management, Ergonomics services
- Ensure the provision of a safe working environment
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations on fire, health and safety standards
- Ensure to coordinate with Ergo consultant and meet VMware employee needs as required.
- Site Operations Management
- Recommend continuous quality improvement practices and implement Industry Best Practice operations.
- Ensure Cafeteria programs are managed as per Company standards.
- Ensure safe practices are put in place to run the transport operations and highlight to business if there are any challenges with regards to operations.
- Ensure Pantry services (Amenities program) is implemented as required.
- Implement building procedures, performance measures and ensure they are always maintained.
- Space coordination - Seating & Planning .
- Ensure all Critical Environment (CEM) requirements are met
- Review existing operations regularly to reduce costs and improve operational standards
- 24/7 emergency call support and FM vendor team attendance is required
- Ensure to participate and lead the VMware programs as required.
- Risk Management
- Ensure a property risk management program including audits is implemented and maintained
- Ensure disaster recovering and business continuity plans are supported and maintained as per management guidelines.
- Ensure escalation procedures and incident reporting procedures are implemented and in place
- Assist in the development of guidelines and strategies to ensure compliance with VMware business conduct.
- Achieve Key Performance Indicators and business Service Level Agreement targets
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION: KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in facilities management, building, business or other related field &/or 08-10 years' experience in facilities, hospitality or related field
- Has experience working in environment
- Knowledge of local occupational health and safety requirements
- Knowledge of critical facilities
- Knowledge of vendor management for specialized services
- Has an understanding of basic technical aspects of property (Computer Room Air-conditioning, Chiller system, Fire Protection system, Mechanical & Electrical system, BMS system)
- Proven capacity to understand and interpret commercial contracts
- Strong budget management and financial analysis skills
- Strong knowledge in transport, cafeteria and workplace services management.
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Customer Focus & Relationship Management
- Demonstrates proactive & professional approach to customer service and stakeholder engagement
- Ability to interact with a wide range of employees, including senior levels
- Ability to manage conflict and balance between customer and firm requirements
- Has a customer service oriented attitude.
- Team Leadership (where applicable)
- Ability to lead team effectively, train them well and promote open, constructive and collaborative relationships at all levels
- Project Management & Organizational Skills
- Excellent planning & organizational skills to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines
- Proven ability to manage multiple and complex operational matters on a daily basis
- Problem Solving & Strategic Thinking
- Capacity to deal with ambiguity and solve complex problems effectively
- Analytical, proven ability to solve problems using a quantitative approach
- Proven ability to employ holistic approaches and looks at long term solutions
Other Personal Characteristics:
- Strong communicator - Good presentation skills and possesses strong verbal & written communication skills (English & local language), also an active listener.
- Passion for quality - has an eye for detail to make sure the best delivery of services
- Self-motivated; confident & energetic
- Ability to effectively deal with stressful situations
- Ability to manage the events.
- Flexible - able to adapt to rapidly changing situations
- Strongly goal-oriented - able to focus on meeting all performance targets
- Is a team player - able to cooperate and work well with others to meet targets
- Proven ability to initiate and follow through with improvement initiatives
- Exhibits honesty & trustworthiness
- Open to new ideas & willing to challenge status quo
Business leaders and Employees
Landlord / Property management
REW Managers & Sr. Director
FM Vendors and their staff.
REPORTING TO: Sr. Manager -India Workplace Operations.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top