Manager - vSphere Security
- Sofia, Bulgaria
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 480,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technologies. Our team of 24,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today. Learn more at www.vmware.com/careers.
The vSphere Security team is looking for a manager for our new team in Sofia. This team will work very closely with the Kernel, Virtualization Platform, Host Agent and Virtual Center teams to deliver advanced security solutions, such as VM Encryption, VBS, TPM, vTPM and other.
As the leader of this team, you will:
• Contribute to requirements gathering, architecture, design, implementation and support of enterprise class software that powers customer data center and cloud based offerings.
• Lead engineering execution through all phases of our software development lifecycle both waterfall and agile.
• Manage customer service requests, escalations and VMC service ownership responsibilities for the team's functional area.
• Recruit, evaluate, mentor and organize a team of engineers to accomplish specific goals in support of business objectives.
• Hands on, metric driven and focused on continual improvement.
• Manage change effectively, motivating and keeping the team focused on business objectives.
• Communicate effectively and lead engineering through interactions with local and global cross-functional teams, such as other engineering groups, product management, release management, legal and so on.
• Experience leading and managing software development teams and projects through multiple releases. History of significant contributions to shipped products in Individual Contributor or Leadership role.
• 8+ years of real industry experience including with projects in system software, services, automation .
• Solid understanding and extensive experience in system software, distributed systems, design, development and automation.
• Software development lifecycle experience on projects using both waterfall and agile methodologies.
• Ability to discuss, present, document and provide architectural and technical guidance to a team of highly skilled engineers.
• Strong relationship management & influencing skills
• Excellent presentation, interaction and communication skills along with the ability to collaborate effectively across functional organizations.
• Proven ability to handle multiple, complex technical projects and have the flexibility to work in a very dynamic environment
• Excellent leadership, people management, communication and documentation skills. Should be comfortable presenting to other managers, architects, stake holders, and customers as needed.
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science and minimum of 8+ years of software development experience with at least 2+ years of management experience is required
• Genuine passion for building great software
• Intellectually curious, good listener
• Natural ability to lead and inspire
• Natural tendency to focus on customers
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top