Manager, Partner Marketing – Telco & Edge Cloud Business Unit
- Palo Alto, CA
VMware stands out from other organizations because of its strong corporate culture and EPIC2 values which inspire people to bring their authentic and creative selves to work every single day.
If you are considering VMware as a potential next employer, you couldn't have chosen a better time.
Communication Service Providers (CSPs) ('Telcos/Cable Companies') are looking to adopt virtualization and cloud technologies to transform the delivery of core network services and become providers of rich 5G and IoT services, rather than simple connectivity providers. With a proven track record in virtualization and cloud technologies and services, honed over 20 years of delivering best in class solutions to the Enterprise sector, VMware is ideally placed to be a leading vendor in Telco Cloud solutions for digital transformation and already commands a leading market share in this market segment.
VMware is a company that is built on shared values and having a strong corporate culture and identity is key to what makes it a great place to work.
These values best expressed through the acronym EPIC2: execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
- Execution is a core value that encourages collaboration and high standards. VMware teams debate and discuss, and then get things done. Egos are checked at the door, and shared work is focused on impact, quality, and efficiency.
- Passion means challenging the status quo. VMware people are inspired to follow their curiosity and the pursuit of the seemingly impossible to continuously make things better for customers, products, and each other.
- Integrity focuses on building trust. Employees are expected to say what they do and do what they say. The company supports peers to build and cultivate relationships with one another, customers, partners, shareholders, and the community-without taking anything for granted.
- Customers make it possible. They are core to VMware's mission. The innovation that flows out of VMware frees customers from constraints and enables organizations of all types to meet their toughest technological challenges.
- Community acknowledges connection. Employees are encouraged to approach each other with open minds and fearless hearts. Opportunities to serve by dedicating time, talent, and energy are plentiful.
VMware has a position available within the Telco Edge Cloud Business Unit for a well-rounded, hard worker with a "can do" attitude, to manage partner marketing programs that drive customer adoption of VMware's products and solutions with our telco ecosystem partners. In this role you will report to the Senior Director, Global Market Development, Telco & Edge Cloud Business Unit and work closely with our alliance and partner teams, content & field marketing, and product/solution marketing to design and implement joint marketing plants with our telco ecosystem partners. You will need to gain a deep understanding our global telco ecosystem partners including technology, Network Equipment Provider, ISV and SISO partners. You will work to develop partner marketing collateral, demand generation programs, and awareness activities that supports and accelerates sales and revenue growth.
The target audience of the Telco & Edge Cloud Business Unit is the Communication Service Provider (CSP) business and technical decision maker, including C-level personas. Solutions currently comprise Network Functions Virtualisation (NFV) and Telco Cloud Infrastructure, Telco Cloud Automation, Service Assurance and Software-Defined WAN (SDWAN). Experience of marketing-to/with, and a knowledge of, the communication service provider industry and services is a key requirement.
Specifics of the role and experience required
Primary Goal: Support the pipeline growth of VMware Telco & Edge Cloud Business Unit products and solutions in collaboration with global telco partner ecosystem
Secondary Goal: Support increased awareness for VMware Telco & Edge Cloud Business Unit solutions with global partner ecosystem
- Develop and execute join marketing plans and programs to effectively drive telco customer awareness and adoption of joint VMware/Partner solutions.
- Be an internal advocate for partners by working with internal functional teams to respond to partner marketing needs and feedback
- Work with ecosystem partners to develop joint value props messaging and content
- Serve as primary contact for telco ecosystem partner marketing programs
- Manage and Support utilization of marketing development funds (MDF) and develop ROI metrics for spend activity
- Support VMware participation at telco ecosystem partner events
Required Skills and Experience
- 8+ Experience in telecommunications, information and communications technology (ICT) or other related industries
- 8+ years of professional experience in a fast-paced marketing environment.
- Demonstrated experience building successful global partner marketing programs
- Strong writing, editing, project management and presentation skills
- Experience managing projects to a fixed budget and proven ROI
- Experience managing third-party vendors and contractors
- Passion for creating partner related content that engages CSP customers
- Willingness to roll up his/her sleeves to get the work done or go the extra mile. Strong personal work ethic and problem solver
- Flexible personality and quick learner who operates with a sense of urgency
- Strong virtual team working abilities with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; ability to influence and work collaboratively across organizations
- Experience defining and reporting program KPIs and measurement
- Social media marketing savvy
- BS or BA related degree in Marketing or Communications, or equivalent experience
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top