Manager, NSX Dataplane for vSphere
- Palo Alto, CA
Job Description: Manager, NSX Dataplane for vSphere
VMware is looking for a Manager of Engineering who is interested in joining our NSX Data Plane development team. You will manage the team that is defining the next generation architecture for data plane solutions to expand existing markets and support new emerging markets such as NFV and technologies such as SmartNIC.
Team is responsible for core dataplane of our virtual switch and how it interacts with physical NICs and SmartNICs, virtual devices and our TCP/IP stack and easy user consumption of these capabilities. You will be developing as well as interacting with other teams and partners to incorporate new technologies into and with our data plane and integrate across a wide variety of areas such as configuration, life cycle management, information retrieval, analytics, networking and security, and innovative troubleshooting with self-recovery solutions for a myriad of system issues in our distributed environment enabling customers to manage and orchestrate their solutions running on NSX - either on-prem or in the cloud - and take them to the market. In addition, you will also be responsible for overall performance and scalability of NSX product and driving the product architecture for high performance and scale. You will manage a high performing core engineering team that is deeply technical, dynamic, agile, dedicated and innovative. You will be driving projects across many cross functional teams and having an impact on large number of products and people. You will participate in many innovative projects, with the authority and scope to apply your expertise in technically driven environment. You¹ll be part of a bright engineering team that has an open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success culture. You will have an opportunity to build and grow a team in a fast paced environment.
· Technical development and project management
· Set product direction in close collaboration with other development and product management teams.
· Drive a project across multiple cross-functional teams.
· Set a high bar for quality and performance and work with all stakeholders to maintain that.
· Drive the long term direction of the product for features, higher performance and scale.
· Strong ability to influence others and build consensus using good written and verbal communication skills and customer facing skills
· Ensure team is aligned to common goals
· Communicate with all stakeholders and team members and provide updates
· A Computer Science or related master¹s degree
· Experience in Layer 2 and Layer 3 Networking; L4+ desirable.
· Proficient in C / C++, and Python; Golang desirable
· Experience in data plane development and Linux Kernel
· Expertise in high performance packet processing systems
· 7+ Years of industry experience; 2+ in management
· Strong leadership skills
· Capable of architecting/understanding complex software solutions
· Strong Communication skills
· Developing visioning skills and ability to see the big picture
· Passion to mentor and build a high performance team
· Experience working in large-scale systems
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top