- Bangalore, India
This role leads the Compensation Enablement team. Oversees compensation survey participation, establishes salary structures, develops salary budgets, and reports on compensation program efficacy to ensure the achievement of equitable and competitive employee compensation. Stays up to date with competitive labor market trends. Manage portfolio of compensation projects including compensation structures and compensation program reporting while balancing resources to ensure the highest priority strategic work is tackled first while compliance and other standard work is managed appropriately
Job Role and Responsibility
This role reports to the Director, Global Compensation Programs and Enablement and will manage a team of about 4 individual contributors located in India.
- Provide direction, counsel, and set goals for career growth and development. Ensure team is appropriately cross-trained, staffed, and supported. Provide clarity on roles and responsibilities.
- Keep current and share knowledge on key compensation trends; network with other companies and professional organizations to stay current with best practices and hot topics
- Partner with the VMware compensation team to align compensation programs with key compensation philosophies and approaches.
- Lead and support compensation plan design and manage strategic comp projects to meet specific business and talent needs
- Provide key input and analysis (directly and through the team) for the design of global compensation programs (base salary, bonus, and recognition programs)
- B.S. degree in Business or related area
- Strong understanding of HR and Finance business processes
- Ability to evaluate, design and recommend market competitive programs aligned to business strategy
- Outstanding analytical, financial, and compensation modeling skills
- Strong team orientation with collaborative style, which engages stakeholders and leads to good business decisions
- Excellent listening and communication skills, with the ability to articulate and distill complex issues
- Ability to manage change effectively always mindful of technology and business processes implications
- Ability to motivate direct reports and others by providing an environment that promotes individual growth and reinforces company values and culture
- Masters or advanced degree
- Experience with managing a global team
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top