Linux Kernel Developer
- Pune, India
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide are committed to building a community where outstanding people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and tackle problems of tomorrow today.
Carbon Black is now part of VMware.As a standalone company, Carbon Black established itself as a leader in the endpoint security space. The product portfolio includes the rapidly growingCarbon Black Cloudplatform that delivers next-generation endpoint protection capabilities from the cloud. Now with the full resources of VMware, you have the opportunity to make an impact and build upon Carbon Black's success.
VMware Carbon Black Cloud is a next generation security service to protect applications and data running on virtualized and cloud infrastructure. We are fundamentally changing how organizations are securing their critical applications and data in both the private and public cloud. With 6000+ customers we are a leading next generation product providing leading edge security solutions.
VMware is seeking smart, energetic, and technically strong engineers to join our team and help us deliver high quality, endpoint protection for Linux platforms!
The ideal engineer will possess a solid understanding of C/C++ programming at both the application and system levels, with a proven and established habit of delivering high quality code in a professional context. Our team is very collaborative and we are looking for dynamic technical leaders who can work independently while supporting the needs of the team. If you are the kind of programmer who wants to grow technically while making a meaningful contribution to cutting edge software that does some good in the world, join VMware!
You will utilize your experience in software development to
• Research, design, implement and unit test security products and solutions
• Code in C/C++ primarily on Linux Kernel and user space modules. Good understanding of systems programming and kernel development on Linux is a must.
• Deliver solid code and working applications that provide the appropriate level of security, performance and reliability.
• Interact with other development teams, QA, Documentation, Release Engineering to execute on product goals in an agile manner
• Provide strong testing, debugging and documentation skills, and develop automated tests for software created by you or others in the group
• Take full ownership of technical features and technical design, identifying and resolving design issues early.
• Be self-motivated and proactively manage time and tasks
- strong professional experience in Linux internals and kernel mode driver programming along with debugging techniques.
- Experience designing and implementing software systems, preferably in C/C++
Programming on Linux in security space is a plus.
- In depth knowledge of Operating Systems
- Hard-working, results oriented, high energy, self-motivated and creative individual who can become a part of a new and exciting team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent required; MS preferred
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top