Lead / Sr. / Staff System Test Engineer – Cloud Foundation
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Lead System Test Engineer - Cloud Foundation
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
Get in a technical leadership role in VMware Cloud Foundation, put to practice your expertise, knowledge and skills to lead system test activities for the software that runs some of the biggest datacenters and clouds in the world, based on the latest technologies - Kubernetes, software-defined networking and the latest VMware technology stack! Get the unique experience to automate and test cloud-scale systems.
Be part of VMware, one of the best global software companies.
Join a rapidly growing, friendly team of professionals.
Lead challenging projects, base test strategies on the real-life scenarios of Fortune 500 companies.
What is primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
The VMware Cloud Foundation team in Sofia is expanding and we are looking for Lead System Test Engineers with passion for cloud, scale and simplicity for the user. Our mission is to make private clouds as ubiquitous and easy to consume as the public clouds, while providing better cost, performance and stability. The System Test team is Customer Zero. It anticipates problems customers will experience before they experience them. We do this through building comprehensive end to end scenarios that reflect real-world scale and usage and automate them for operational efficiency. We also automate our infrastructure, test environments, and test execution. System Test strategies are developed together with the development team and provide feedback into product designs and specifications.
Success in the Role: What will you face?
- Design and maintain test strategies for comprehensive, customer-focused end to end testing.
- Build maintainable, high quality and effective automated tests on top of various automation tools and frameworks, to execute complex tests on a distributed system.
- Analyze product requirements, designs, and functional specifications. Provide valuable feedback as a customer advocate.
- Perform qualitative assessment and risk analysis on feature readiness for system testing and release delivery. Use pertinent data points to determine the right level of test coverage.
- Drive product and CI/CD improvements from a quality and efficiency perspective.
- Influence and propagate quality practices.
- Collaborate with all roles - development, support, documentation, release engineering
- Provide strong testing, debugging, automation and documentation skills, be self-motivated and proactively manage time and tasks
As a Lead / Senior ST Engineer, you will be leading project teams and global initiatives and develop the more junior talent. And more! You will also grow professionally, learn from and work with top world-class engineers, get exposed and learn most actual technologies.
What is the leadership like for this role? Structure? Culture?
The hiring manager for this position is Dimitar Kostov, Director R&D and site lead for Cloud Foundation in Sofia since 2017. Our team culture is open and dynamic. People development, international and multi-cultural exposure is a focus for us. We work hard, get solid results and we know there's more to life - hobbies, fun, learning, charity causes, team outings. We value engineering excellence and teamwork. System Test is a global team, which includes people from Sofia, Palo Alto and Bangalore, sharing the same values and bringing diverse and engaging cultures together.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our on-site pantries
- Top-notch new office
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top