Lead Application Developer(Salesforce with 9+ years of experience)
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the datacenter. Customers of all sizes rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, ensure business continuity, strengthen security and go green. VMware is one of the fastest-growing public software companies. VMware's award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide the more than 30000+ passionate people we employ in 120+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
Lead Application Developer
Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
The Chief Digital Transformation Office (CDTO) offers an opportunity to shape and drive VMware's Digital Transformation to enable Operations to scale and support VMware's growth.
We are part of GCA engineering team responsible for accelerating digital transformation of Vmware's GTM, Customer experience businesses by providing technical leadership to implementing scalable technical solutions for the critical business initiatives.
We are on an initiative to help expand Vmware's GTM business by providing appropriate tools that will lay foundation for SAAS offerings thereby improving the business process efficiency and effectiveness.
As a lead developer, you will get an opportunity to work on enterprise class, modern application ecosystem to apply your knowledge, explore new functional/technical domains
What is primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
As a lead application developer, you will be responsible for POV lead architecture and design of customizations on force.com sales cloud platform that are best suited for quoting, sales management. You will partner with the business architects, domain architects and product owners to blueprint technical solutions.
You will closely work with the force.com developers, translate the technical bluenprint into High level/Low level design, perform lead design/code reviews and follow through build phase. You will be responsible for building interfaces in salesforce for integration with the product data hub, EBS, SAP and downstream order management systems.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- Drive GMT Quoting strategy by implementing technical solutions using industry best practices
- Develop product vision for the custom CPQ implementation on force.com
- Responsible for ensuring right level of non-functional needs such as quality, scalability, performance, flexibility, modularity, maintainability etc.
- Perform gap analysis, develop prototypes for new foundational product capabilities.
- Guide and influence team members to accomplish the team's technical architecture and solution designs.
- Identify risks to the initiatives and build mitigation plans.
- Lead the technical team from inception to delivery and post production support.
- Research Salesforce.com capabilities, new features as needed to suit business requirements
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Review and analyse business requirements and provide feedback to the functional domain architects/POs inline with the product vision.
- Document the architecture and design and provide direction to the development teams for implementation.
- Work with the salesforce developers, integration teams, downstream system teams to implement the technical solution associated with the requirements following the set architecture and design.
- Partner closely with QA team during the build, test and UAT cycle to ensure build quality.
- Collaborate with devops and release management team to promote the build to production.
- Plan and setup processes, tools for post-production support.
- 10+ Years of hands on technical programming experience
- 7+ years of experience developing/ customizing/ implementing Salesforce.com
- Completed more than one full life-cycle Salesforce.com implementations
- Knowledge of SDLC processes and tools, Iterative Design & Prototyping (Agile)
- Must have experience preparing technical specifications, detailed design documents and developing test cases
- Solid understanding of CRM/PRM capabilities and functional areas
- Experienced in development methodologies and software delivery lifecycle
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
This role will be reporting to the Director, IT who is responsible for salesforce Center Of Excellence and drives technical side of transformational business programs on force.com. Expect to interact frequently with IT Directors responsible for functional domain and Sr. Director of GCA organization. The team structure is flat with access to all the leaders and their teams. We expect you to take advantage of this diverse work culture to develop yourself into a technical leader who will strategize and execute future state technical vision with end to end ownership.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our pantries
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top