Kubernetes Platform Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
Join us and become a key contributor in managing VMware's SaaS platform. We are looking for a talented Site Reliability Engineer to join our team whereby you will help build and maintain VMware's next generation cloud infrastructure platform, as part of a passionate, hard-working and culturally diverse team. The team manages VMware's SaaS platform at 99.99% uptime and
VMware's globally distributed infrastructure platform is built using a combination of industry-standard open-source solutions and internally developed applications and is backed by the Kubernetes eco-system running on public cloud providers. The platform powers VMware's largest SaaS products in production, including VMware Cloud on AWS. The platform team are responsible for providing infrastructure services and tools to internal teams as self-service systems, so engineering teams can focus on delivering value to customers.
Do you have experience in managing Kubernetes in Production? Are you keen to solve unique, challenging problems, challenge the conventional wisdom, embrace diving into unexplored technical areas? Then this is the right opportunity for you.
- Experience in managing a SaaS Service platform with high uptime focussed on Kubernetes management
- Conduct periodic on call duties as needed on a regular scheme basis.
- Provide technical leadership to team members and be a team player.
- Lead design and code reviews with a major focus on best user experience, scalability and future expansion.
- Use Container platforms such as Kubernetes for large scale deployment of microservices
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools like Git,Gitlab/Github
- Have an interest in learning coding languages and technologies as needed
- Knowledge of containerization and container orchestration
- Experience in ServiceMesh such as Istio
- Driven individual
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years of Engineering Experience with a proven track record of delivering highly available and scalable systems
- Very strong in Kubernetes management, Docker, Linux
- Strong in python and/or golang
- Strong in Terraform and Helm
- Strong in Networking and infrastructure
- Track record in large-scale system software development
- Strong with public cloud architecture AWS/Azure
- Excellent communication skills essential as this is a global team
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentive
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of worldwide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
- Opportunity to work remotely
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top