Java Software Engineer
As an engineer in the VMware Analytics Cloud, your focus will be to build the best telemetry platform possible for all teams across VMware. This system is built to help teams acquire and analyze telemetry from their products deployed in the field. It serves the analytical needs of all 20,000+ VMWare employees.
We have multiple bodies of work using Python and Java focused around technologies like Kafka, Kubernetes, Parquet, Spark and Impala. Projects could include augmenting our internal application engine, improving our ETL performance, creating visualization tools for incoming data, to research in analytics and Machine Learning.
What you will do:
- Deliver enterprise-class solutions in the form of a SaaS offering on top of VMware core virtualization products such as ESX and vCenter
- Participate in all phases of the service Agile development lifecycle
- Participate in the SaaS operations based on a DevOps model
- Creating production level code, learning state of the art best practices in testing and CI/CD
What you bring:
- 3+ years related experience
- Strong coding skills in Java
- Development experience with distributed systems or distributed computer frameworks
- Solid understanding of SQL
- Software development experience using cloud technologies and APIs
- Experience with SaaS and Cloud platforms
- Experience with data processing concepts
- Experience with ML/Data Analytics tools
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top