Java Backend Develoer
VMware AppDefense is a data center endpoint security product that protects applications running in virtualized environments. Rather than chasing after threats, AppDefense understands an application's intended state and behavior, then monitors for changes to that intended state that indicate a threat. When a threat is detected, AppDefense automatically responds.
Java Backend developer:
The Senior Software Engineer will co-lead, define and build for performance and scale the next generation of endpoint security applications. This is more than a chance to write amazing code for something at significant scale with talented peers. It is a chance to have a huge impact on how hundreds of companies and governments visualize and neutralize threats to their networks. This is where global politics meet your code and the people who it empowers. Join us to make something that matters.
What You'll Do
- Design and optimize the performance of a backend data processing pipeline that is resilient to failures and is highly scalable .
- Plan, monitor and improve the performance of a distributed application to process a lot of streaming data .
- Review and guide development of Restful APIs to query terabytes of data .
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team .
- Proactively move the technology base to use latest tools and frameworks for best performance; considering costs and scale.
- Collaborate with product management, DevOps, backend, and front-end engineers to deliver the right solution .
- Support existing production code and improve performance enhancements and products.
What You'll Bring
You'll plan for high-performance computing and build and improve a highly scalable and reliable system to process and store terabytes of data.
- 7-10 years of experience developing server side applications .
- 2-4 years building high performing/data intensive applications running in the cloud.
- Implement changes for performance, scalability and reliability
- Experience with:
- Restful APIs
- JMS, AMQP, SQS
- Scaling enterprise applications in the cloud
- Reducing costs in production
- Agile Software Development
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or related degree
- NoSQL technologies
- AWS & Elastic Search
- CI/CD pipeline
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top