Java Automation Engineer
- Bangalore, India
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
The Fault Injection team within the Cloud Management Business Unit of VMware is looking for exceptional engineers who has a flair for taking software down, who can break things and who take pride when they can make any piece of software malfunction
Job Role & Responsibility:
We are looking for passionate people with startup mindset who want to change the status quo. You'll be part of a premier and bright engineering team with a culture of open communication, empowerment, innovation where we develop solutions to improve resiliency, fault tolerance and stability. You will partner with other resiliency engineers and developers to develop best practices, author blogs and white papers, and present internally, at conferences, and directly to partners and customers.
- Root-cause stability problems and identify solutions to resolve them
- Understand the products in depth to be able to identify and pinpoint issues
- Have an eye to detail in identifying the pattern, troubleshooting complex issues
- Publish research papers and product resiliency technical whitepapers
- Analyze next generation cloud deployment architectures to achieve optimal SLOs
- Persuasively communicate with multiple teams on Resiliency Improvements
- Build tooling to improve SLO monitoring, analysis and reporting
- Contribute to mentoring Junior members technically in Architecture, Designing and robust Coding
- Background with Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field) with substantial professional experience
- In depth and hands on experience in JAVA and object-oriented programming
- Scripting knowledge in Shell or Python
- Knowledge of continuous development/continuous integration tools
- Knowledge of code patterns and algorithms.
- Experience with writing test cases and ensuring appropriate test coverage through unit and automated testing.
- Ability to troubleshoot and root cause a problem right to the code level
- Ability to suggest and implement a solution to improve code resiliency and fault tolerance
- Attention to detail and inquisitiveness
- Passionate about KPIs, failure analysis and reliability engineering
- Understanding of cloud-scale and microservice architecture.
- Good understanding of distributed software architecture.
- Experience working with global teams on defining Service Level Objectives
- Organized and passionate about details; able to effectively perform multiple/concurrent tasks within deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Take the initiative to improve products, tools, and process
Our team looks for individuals who embody the values of humility, empathy, and collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, trustworthiness, and good-natured fun. Additionally, we would like:
- Knowledge of developing and testing in SaaS platforms
- Strong understanding of system architecture, including processors, storage and networking
- Strong knowledge about virtualization, and/or container technologies
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top