IT Support Engineer(WFH Anywhere in Malaysia)
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
VMware IT colleague Experience and Technology department provides end user technology services and support enabling efficiency and productivity of our colleagues. In this role, you will engage with colleagues remotely (Phone, Chat, Video & Email) in troubleshooting software and hardware related issues with exposure to several administrative tasks, device security platforms, virtualization and obviously get hands-on with VMware products like Workspace ONE, Horizon, etc. You will be a part of an inclusive team where different minds work together to drive efficiency and productivity for our VMware colleagues
What is primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
You will be required to work closely with a team of Colleague Support Engineers and other Internal IT members to provide the best of technical resolutions to our colleagues and play a key role in ensuring the best possible Colleague experience. You must be well versed in English and Mandarin language for both written and oral communication. This role requires you to work remotely/from home but travel to our Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) office occasionally for team meets.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- We will need your ability to identify the loopholes in current process and identify improvements to achieve delightful support for our colleagues.
- Bring new ideas of innovation and automation excellence into the support team.
- You need to gain knowledge and get certified on VMware products (VCP-DW or VCP-DCV) that IT team supports internally
- Constantly Improve internal Knowledge base to improve solutions and processes used by the team to provide effective support
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
As part of the Colleague Experience and Technology team, you will:
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Interact and assist colleagues in English and Mandarin languages
- Escalate issues in a timely manner according to standard operating procedures
- Work closely with multiple functional teams to engage the appropriate tier 2 support teams in a timely manner
- Escalate trouble tickets in queue to appropriate functional areas, and follow up with those functional areas to ensure completion within designated SLAs (Service level agreements)
- Interact with a variety of stakeholders throughout the organization such as IT, Engineering, HR, and Facilities to understand customer contacts, workflow, and make recommendations to improve ticket escalation processes
- Need to be flexible in working in a 24/7 environment
- You must be well versed in English, Mandarin language for both written and oral communication
- Experience in Active Directory, MS Outlook, Trouble shooting, OS, Printer configuration, Knowledge of DNS, MAC, O365
- Experience in handling multiple OS - Windows 10, Mac OSX, Android and iOS: Navigation and Troubleshooting, Linux [Will be an added advantage]
- Should have knowledge in networking such as troubleshooting Lan, Wi-Fi, VPN issues
- Should have good self-presentation skills to interact comfortably in person as well as live Video calls and resolve IT issues through the interaction
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face to face, on the telephone and in writing
- 3-5 Years previous IT Service Desk and/or Technical Support experience required
- Keen attention to detail, memory of patterns, and interest in problem-solving
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, empathy, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, trustworthiness, and good-natured fun. Additionally, we would like:
- You to have worked in an environment involving automation scripting, that is a plus
- You to have worked on projects and managed projects internally or externally, with successful delivery
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
This role will be reporting to the Manager, Colleague Support for VMware IT Service Desk. He has expertise in people management, processes, various technology streams and focuses on reducing the reliance on manual efforts by replacing common, repetitive tasks with automated capabilities.
He works towards leading and building strategic directions to drive motivation & inspiration to deliver value proposition and delightful always-on experience for VMware colleagues
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our pantries
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top