VMware Product Intern and New Graduate Opportunities:
VMware recognizes that today's students are tomorrow's trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers' digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything, responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Are you interested in working on one of the below teams?
Storage Applications, Networking Security, Cloud Platform, Cloud Native, Cloud Management Business Unit, Cloud Foundation, Office of the CTO
Network Security Business Unit Overview:
VMware NSX is a network virtualization platform that delivers the operational model of a virtual machine for the network. NSX is the flagship NSBU product at VMware. Virtual networks reproduce the network model in software, allowing complex multi-tier network topologies to be built and provisioned programmatically in seconds. NSX includes a library of logical networking services - logical switches, logical routers, logical firewalls, logical load balancers, logical VPN, QoS, and distributed security.
A self-service interface allows users to build custom combinations of these services in isolated software-based virtual networks that support existing applications without modification or deliver rare requirements for new application workloads. Similar to virtual machines in compute, virtual networks are programmatically provisioned and handled independent of networking hardware. Decoupling from hardware introduces agility, speed and operational efficiency that have transformed data center economics.
You will be part of a bright engineering team that has an open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success culture. We are looking for engineers who have a strong self-directed work ethic and make it happen mindset.
- As an intern you will participate in creative projects, with the authority and scope to apply your expertise in a dynamic and technically driven environment.
- Software design and develop a networking system software stack that is widely deployed in networking datacenter environment.
- Strong passion for developing new software that is scalable.
- Work with product managers to ensure usability of the product.
- Strong ability to influence others and build consensus using good written and verbal communication skills and customer facing skills.
- Developing visioning skills and ability to see the big picture.
- Communicate with all stakeholders and team members and provide updates perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; Masters Degree preferred
- Knowledge of networking concepts
- Strong knowledge of C/C++, Java, Python, databases, distributed systems and Object-Oriented concepts
- Deep understanding of the UI/UX
- Expertise and passion for working in entire vertical stack from management plane to data plane
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and debugging skills
- Virtualization concepts foundation
- Previous internship experience
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top